You know what really makes me happy?

I’ve recently found out that my promotion application at work was successful (which was a bit of a surprise really!) :money_with_wings: , and I’ve got a Commandant’s Commendation :medal_military: . What’s this about January being a bad month?!

9 Likes

Second night as OC not wearing a face mask, the last one was in March 20!

4 Likes

10 days time on gmg… Caught covid feel ill :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I’m normally quite quick to criticise the train service in this country (usually in a jovial manner), but today a delayed train proved to be very fortuitous.

For each of the 3 legs of my journey, the trains were running hourly only. The train for leg 2 was due to leave about 55 minutes after I got off the train at the end of leg 1. Thinking I had plenty of time to kill, I decided to head outside, get some “air” and find something to drink.

Halfway up the steps an announcement came on saying that the next train coming in was the leg 2 train from an hour before. Turns out, it was running 10 minutes late. I buried my need for nicotine in favour of my need for getting home and darted back down the stairs again.

Leg 2 finished at King’s Cross about 2 minutes before leg 3 left St Pancras. Clearly I wasn’t making that connection, but then it was unlikely I’d have made it if I’d got the later train anyway. So it was off to the Harry Potter shop, then to Greggs, a hit of nicotine and then boarding the 15.25 train home rather than the 16.25 train.

I’m sure it was all rather frustrating for those who would have preferred the delayed train to be running on time, but given how rough I was feeling today (bit of a sesh last night!) I’m most definitely not complaining :sweat_smile:

TL;DR - A delayed train has resulted in me being able to get home an hour earlier than I thought.

I’ve had good times with trains as well, one example is when I went to Thorpe Park on public transport and it took 3 trains and a bus. All three trains were 20 mins early. Of course they didn’t leave the station till there scheduled time, but I still couldn’t believe such things could happen.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Nerdle, Wordle, toil and Boggle

MMH - Austria have sorted their covid travel rules so Skiing is looking pretty likely now in March!

1 Like

Been booked for Mayrhofen since Sept. Now looking likely!

Think there’s still a nightly 10pm curfew, but that suits me, I’m old.

Making me happy, but also sad. Facebook memories showing up the last time I went gliding. 9 years ago!

MMH - After never getting any joy with previous Adidas Spezial pre-launch ballots and having to barter or pay over the odds for what I really wanted managed to bag both pairs of the spring 22 release that I wanted :grinning:

Comdt has said eDBS is weeks away :star_struck:

2 Likes

preacher-hallelujah

3 Likes

Weeks; (noun) Anything greater than 1 x 7 day period.

Bossman is learning! :wink:

1 Like

Actual eDBS or the nonsense we have now.

From what I’ve heard it’ll be uCheck and should be in place from the beginning of March. But that’s just on the vine, not seen any policy.

Now its public… This is what i was briefed last week, apparently pretty self sufficient

For all staff?

Isn’t this paper forms?

Believe so

Says someone who I’m guessing hasnt used it?
It isnt, self sufficient.
Requires input from end user, OC, WHQ and u check.

True eDBS, has the end user type in all their stuff, provide scans of IDs and Bosh, done. Cert arrives within 48hrs.

I’ve used a system which provides this for enhanced DBS for 2 different jobs. Twice for each.

It isnt rocket science. But then HQAC…