You know what really makes me happy?

Sitting in the garden enjoying the birdsong and being entertained by a mini murmuration reminiscing with a bacon grill butty :yum:

2 Likes

Just ran my first 10k!

Have been able to run 5k comfortably for about a year now and decided today to just go for it and run the 10. As that was my running goal for the year might just hang up my trainers now.

14 Likes

Well done. I ran min in October, not managed another one since! Really need to get back on it.

Your legs won’t thank you tomorrow!

Good job my desk is only about three feet from my bed then :laughing:

1 Like

I skipped 10k and went to 13…really just wish I could just go out and smash it tonight but I would have a cardiac episode

I made the mistake of running over a small hill on a (very long) lunch break one day last week - 280 m ascent in an 11 km run… I’m pretty sure I haven’t recovered yet :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Getting post 1000 on this thread.

Though I came here to do a different one. Someone contacted me through ancestry to ask about someone on my tree (wife’s great great uncle). Then they said they had his WW1 medals, service records and wartime correspondence with his parents. They are sending them over to me now FOC. I’ll get them on to the wife’s grandfather as it was his uncle and he’s now the closest living relative.

7 Likes

Pointless online meetings that I only have to listen to allowing me to ‘multi-task’

Listen to meeting with headphones on whilst painting the woodwork in the lounge so I can relax later :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Getting approval on SMS for the first face to face activity in months. It’s only a radio exercise in the local park, but so good to get out and run something ‘real’ with cadets.

2 Likes

CONCURRENT ACTIVITY!!!

1 Like

Making me happy today the text from the courier to say they have my treat to myself and will be delivering it on Friday 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Hopefully this will not result in a GMG post about decorating going wrong at the weekend wanting to play with said new toy :joy:

Making me happy - realising setting a profile on my mums peloton gives me access to the app for free on my phone and iPad… meaning I can get a cheaper spin bike and sponge off my poor old mother.

Mind you, she knows how to sting me up for lunch when I take her out!

1 Like

Briping

2 Likes

As if I wasn’t annoyed enough at the thought of some prankster coming up with this for a dare or a bet, I looked up the price…

1 Like

:joy: I kinda want one. . .

My blood is basically coffee so I would give it a go

I absolutely hate James Hoffmann and I’m not entirely sure why. I saw a video a while back with him reviewing home coffee machines and his comments about the ‘cheaper’ ones were just ridiculous.

Well he’s on the uber high end of things :man_shrugging:

Obviously most of the stuff he looks at isn’t attainable (or heck, the result noticably different) compared to the lower end stuff

This basically.
I am a coffee fan. I drink far too much coffee. But the way he talked about certain things was just pretentious and annoying :rofl:

Thats partly why I’m loving this video. It’s so different

1 Like