You know what really grinds my gears? The Gears Strike Back

Or the staff don’t know the proper names and it wouldn’t be fair…

Technically correct… but also spectacularly unhelpful.

Well its not like they are wrong they all are Grob’s :stuck_out_tongue:

Fun fact: ‘Grob’ is Russian for coffin.

Looks like we both got there at the same time!

I have just had the RUDEST email back to an enquiry I sent to another CO. Considering he’s never met me, nor spoken to me, and that I didn’t ask for or demand anything I merely enquired as to the likelihood of something I am absolutely astounded he thought it appropriate to respond the way he has.

Must not send angry reply

To hell with then: send the angry reply (and copy their WSO)

To hell with then: send the angry reply (and copy their WSO)[/quote]

I’ve tried that a few times in the past and it’s never worked out well. I had the sense to not send it whilst mad though :slight_smile:

To hell with then: send the angry reply (and copy their WSO)[/quote]

I’ve tried that a few times in the past and it’s never worked out well. I had the sense to not send it whilst mad though :)[/quote]
So you calmed down and copied in WSO?

Thinking that you’ve got over a brief hiccough in your mental health and are getting on without any problems, only to find yourself in the kitchen the afternoon after a night of poor sleep, holding an angry conversation with a potted plant about the state of your relationship with your father and whether it may be affecting your judgement of things vaguely cadet related.

without making light of it, sounds like you are a perfect candidate for a WSO post :wink:

When the OC decides (without consulting anyone) that he’s going to promote all the Corporals on the squadron to Sergeant simultaneously.

Fair enough, it’s his shout, but a) only one of them really, really deserved it and b) there are now no Corporals, so nothing has actually changed and nobody has actually gained anything.

I think your freshly promoted Sergeants would argue that point! :wink:

Not only that but maybe some cadets stand to gain a promotion to Cpl now? Or is that the point taht you dont have any ready for that yet?

It sounds like, without changing the current dynamic or functionality of the cadet hierarchy, he has just waved a very large carrot :slight_smile:

I think your freshly promoted Sergeants would argue that point! ;)[/quote]

Not really. Instead of the squadron ‘pyramid’ going cadets -> corporals -> flight sergeant, it goes cadets -> sergeants -> flight sergeant.

It’s just a shiny badge for them and their parents to get self important about.

I get what you’re saying zingy and incubus, but there aren’t any cadets ready to be corporals. Like I said, only one of the corporals really deserved sergeant, the others were just starting to be competent corporals.

Why should the sergeant who deserved it put in any effort now, when he’s seen that people who work half as hard as him get rewarded the same way? Why should the other sergeants put in any effort, when they’ve seen that putting in a fraction over minimal effort gets them the same reward as someone working their backside off? And why should any of the cadets put in any effort when they’ve seen the above?

Although, I am prepared to admit I probably expect way to much from a cadet wearing two or three chevrons.

^^i have to agree, why bother if the reward for mixed levels of effort is the same?

and if the Cpls werent up to scratch that would have offered little role model to the Cadets now looking for promotion…if the right Cpl was promoted not only would taht have acted as role model to the Cpls, but a role model to prospective Cpls knowing what is required to gain promotion

easiest answer to give when asked “how do i get promoted” is look at the FS/CWO and compare them with yourself…what is different? who was the last Cadet to get promoted to taht rank…what did they do that you arent?
a pretty pointless answer however when you’ve got everyone moving up on mass!

Talking to a friend and a member of staff, and asked “so what’s the training programme like on sqn?”, response I get “Oh we don’t need one, we use ultilearn for everything now”

:popcorn:

[quote=“leothan” post=9160]Talking to a friend and a member of staff, and asked “so what’s the training programme like on sqn?”, response I get “Oh we don’t need one, we use ultilearn for everything now”

:popcorn:[/quote]

But…? How…? :ohmy:

Spent a day doing WHTs… I now have to input each one onto SMS individually…

This GMGs