Woodvale

No AEF flying as the runway is buggered. Small repair costing £££ complete and now identified significant other repairs throughout.

Is the Staish also the cook in the mess? :wink:

1 Like

I’ll let you know when I see him next week!!

Ask him about the runway whilst you’re at it. What’s the new issue, what’s it’s extent, what are the timescales to repair it.

sadly I am not at liberty to discuss those points on an open forum

Why? It’s not secret is it. I mean the company doing the works tweets about it! They did the original contracted work (threshold) and then the rest of the runway was ID as needing works. The NOTAM closing one of the runways is a giveaway. Isn’t that why cadets can’t fly as there’s no failed takeoff return option hence the twitchy bum situation?

Like is said on another thread. Lack of honest communication is a disease in this organisation and it’s spreading. The RAF isn’t this bad.

unfortunately I have been instructed not to put anything on social media regarding the runway.

All I can tell you is that the initial repairs have been completed but further work is required to which funding is being sourced.

Why have you been gagged? It’s not fault of 10 AEF that the runway has been underfunded over the years is it? Besides your contractors have been social meju-ing

[at risk of serious thread drift - mods thread split?]

If you wish to assume that it is because we are in Purdah, that would be convenient.

1 Like

This happened well before purdah

But this discussion didn’t

1 Like

Good point well made. I doubt that’s the reason though.

New thought, how many ACO staff have been briefed on Purdah?

No briefs at Odiham to my knowledge, nothing come through on MOSS.

Only mention of it I’ve seen is a small IBN on DII.

Is the first rule of Purdah, that nobody talks about Purdah?

4 Likes