WO Rank Slides

Now the tricky bit is finding the right no1 badges… 1358C Shows a different version than what all the usual outlets sell

:man_facepalming:

Of course it does

Let me rephrase that… The usual outlets are selling the old style no1 badge.

Checked with my RAF contacts

The one place which seems to have the correct, current pattern is Wyedean stores, but they’re out of stock. They have been for a few weeks though so hopefully will be on the way to restocking again.

Snaiths may or may not be an option. Their website shows that 90% or more of the rank badges they’re selling are old pattern so either they’re just massively out of date, or their website is… You never know with that place!

Tried Snaiths they seem to only have mess dress ones.

Got my WWO to ask the Question

Snaiths tend to be far down my list of suppliers to check for anything. Not least of all because on the three occasions I’ve been in the shop at Cranwell all I’ve ever received is a frosty reception or downright arrogance.
A pretty poor show really.

1 Like

They are terrible. Got some"tailored" no5s for an anniversary present. The sizing was so wrong. The jacket about 3 sizes too big. But the waist was the size of my legs. How they could go to opposite extremes I do not know. They were promptly returned and I got them elsewhere

1 Like

Lovely announcement from WO Hall’s Instagram in reference to the WO Cadre Rankslide change. A comment there from Dawn, too.

Take a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t find their account

rwo.ww

1 Like

Though, it might have been nice if she hadn’t referred to them on her ‘official-ish’ announcement as “the Tate and Lyles”.

Why? What difference does it make?

Why? Because that’s a slang term and it’s not what the badge is called.

Coat of arms is the correct terminology I believe

The proper title, strictly, is the Royal Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom.
But I’d settle for “Royal Coat of Arms” or “Royal Arms” in general parlance :wink:

1 Like

I’ve met some older, long-serving tradesmen (non-Regiment) in the RAF who often referred to them as ‘the horses’.

Interesting. I’ve not heard that one.

But did you and anyone eligible know what it meant though? I understand it isn’t the correct wording, but I’ll warrant 95% of people know what it is and use that terminology over “Royal coat of arms”

Neither had I up until that point. That was back in the '80’s. The last time I heard it was 10yrs ago when I was on a course with an old and bold ground trades ex-WO.

Heraldry is indeed sadly niche.