WO GPJ Tabs

Its funny - when there is a change a lot of people want to be 1st on the bus - then once a lot of people are on there will be those that will fight to stay as they were as a ‘badge of honour’ to show how long they have been there…

1 Like

That’s a mistake in my opinion, st Edwards crown always just looked so much better. Not ours to reason why the king chose the Tudor crown, but not my favourite decision of his…
Have we actually had any updates to ACP1358 authorising the Tudor crown?
(Apologies if this is veering slightly off track from WO rankslides)

It’d have thought there was an argument for units keeping the crown of the monarch they were formed under (so all the Battle of Britain fighter squadrons, groups, for example, would’ve kept the Tudor crown anyway), with individuals keeping what they were attested / commissioned / promoted under (until such a time that they need replacing and the ‘old’ crowns are no longer available).

Edit: the arguments being it would reduce the unnecessary cost of replacing perfectly serviceable items and avoid everything being the same / boring.

I suppose exactly the same as medals issued and post nominals earned don’t change because there’s a new monarch/crown in action.

1 Like

Do they not? I’d always assumed/understood the likes of QC, QPM etc switched to KC, KPM immediately on the demise of the crown and accession of the king.

I think QCs are reappointed as KCs: but recipients of the QVRM continue to use QVRM, whereas new awards will be KVRM.

2 Likes

I will be keeping my Queen’s Crowns on everything. By the time it matters I’ll probably be departed the planet.

How the RAF are working is that if joined during QE’s reign you are allowed to choose QE or KC crowns.

However, if you choose QE any insignia you require will be private purchase and not avaliable through stores.

For the RAFAC, theres no communicated guidance yet apart from carry on as normal.

1 Like

Issue what we already have does make sense.

2 Likes