Wingfield Day 2018 Drill Routine

Hey guys!

I thought I’d make this post to give everyone a space to ask any questions they have about the Wingfield Day Routine, and just ask general questions about drill, be it basic foot drill to banner drill.

If anyone has the Drill Routine for 2018 please do us a favour and post it here so we can have a look, it’d be nice to start training the cadets from now!:+1:t3:

It is available on HQAC sharepoint - so Sqn staff can access it for you - some wings do have individual routines, but I believe most use the HQAC one.

Cheers, do you have a copy you could share with us?

It’s hyperlinked from ACTO120 as such best to get the most up to date copy from your Sqn staff.

1 Like

Drill routine ^^
Although it will be interesting to see how you will about turn after a get on parade without coming to attention first :slight_smile:

I know the banner is the same but I dont have it so if someone could send it please…

Cheers for posting that!

That’s a good call. Also in the diagram, how does an about turn have you facing the left ready to quick march?

EDIT: upon further looking of the diagram I now understand that it’s only depicted that way for ease of comprehension. Still a bit confused on the about turn from halt though

Perhaps you should read AP 818 as it’s not an about turn as you know, but the flight retiring… this years quirk

Yes… but for the action to be carried out the flight need to be at attention. There is no command for that after the Get On Parade, which results in the flight being stood At Ease

You are not the first to notice this and some localities have issued guidance. I am tempted to see how squads choose to resolve it if left to their own devices, but I suggest just throwing in an extra “shun”.

It is still an about turn! Retiring just informs people not to consider the directing flank when doing so.

I’m no drillie, and thought it possible that that resolved the issue… I stand corrected

Could be the ‘Shun’ is required, but not be marked, teaching our people to think for themselves every now and then