Wing SNCO Board

Hi all,

I have my Wing SNCO board in a few weeks and have been busy trying to get all the info I may need to become second nature. Below are a list of things I have been studying and I’d like to call on the wealth of experience on this forum. Can anyone see anything which I may have overlooked or even some of the more obscure things I may be asked.

ATC & RAF Structure and history
RAF Groups and where the ACO fits it
Current RAF Operations (what the RAF do and how they get there)
Definition of Air Power
Key names of senior porsitions within the RAF and ACO
Wing HQ structure
Sector Commanders and Squadrons in my sector
Roles on a squadron
Role of an SNCO (Difference in liability between VR(T) and SNCO and why I am choosing SNCO)
Key APs and ACPs
Personal background
Re-reading over the child protection policies and guides for the scenarios

NATO. I failed my first board because nobody told me I would be asked questions on it.

1 Like

Ah yes, missed that off the list, thanks!

Firstly good luck with it - might seem a bit daunting but the boards are not designed to fail you

Your list is pretty good and comprehensive

You might want to make sure you know BADER and how sms/sharepoint/utilearn works

Also scenarios - how would you manage a more senior snco being out of order for example or even an officer

Let us know how you get on

Thanks for the advice and encouragement firestorm, I’ll be sure to keep you updated

Drugs Policy is one that comes up a lot so worth a read.

Also Social Media policy, some Wing Staff see to have appointed themselves as the Facebook Police so it’s worth knowing what the book says.

Thanks Daws, I’ll make sure to add it to the list!

As I said I would let you know, I passed successfully. Thanks for your advice guys!

2 Likes