Who can assess Blue Leadership?

Hi all… I’ve got a few cadets on my sqn who want to go (and staff have advised them to go) on a JNCO course, but they haven’t done their blue leadership yet. There’s one staff member who usually does most of the leadership but they don’t attend very often, so that made me wonder who else could assess their PLTs.
I’m a Cdt Sgt with Silver Leadership. Are there any extra qualifications that I would need to assess a blue PLT, or is it strictly staff only - and if so what quals do they need to have?
It’s my first question on here so if I’ve done anything wrong I’d appreciate it if you could point it out in the nicest possible way :smile: thanks

I’m not sure what qualifications they have, but my blue leadership was entirely assessed by NCO’s on my squadron. It’s definitely possible for a Cdt Sgt to do it, not sure what you would need off the top of my head.

Well…

According to the ACTO:

Cadets should be instructed and assessed by individuals who have a
knowledge and understanding of leadership (through experience), specifically
SMEAC. These individuals can be selected by their OC Sqn/OC Section and
require no higher authority or approval.

However the corps training officer may think the meaning of “require no higher authority or approval” could be “but Wings can over ride this if they want to and I wont stop them.”

2 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you!.. I thought there would be something about it in the ACTO :laughing:

That’s great to know… thanks for replying. Mine was assessed by staff, my old NCOs weren’t really that interested in Leadership training!

In our Wing it’s cadets who have Silver or higher.

We extend that to SNCOs, but you do need to give them a good brief on what they’re looking for and how to mark. I don’t feel comfortable letting just any cadet do it.

Thanks for letting me know… I’m definitely going to ask my squadron staff, and I’ll probably ask the Wing Training Officer for more advice if need be… thanks!

I use my SNCOs and selected Cpls, though we do observe the first few.

If he tried to add additional requirements over those in the published policy I’d remind him that I’m CCF and not the Corps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.