Which flight sim controllers?

Hi

We are purchasing some flight sims for my unit to support cadets’ synthetic training and wondered if anyone could recommend any flight control sticks and throttle quadrants.

Thanks

Firstly, welcome to ACC.

Can recommended two items.

We’ve been using several of the Saitek X52 Pro on Sqn.

Fairly robust, and have been “cadet-proof” for about 6 years.

Second, we’ve just purchased a Thrustmaster Warthog, as part of our upgrade package

We have X52s and Thrustmaster T.16000s.

The cadets seem to prefer the Thrustmaster overall. We have also had issues with the linking cable on the X52s working loose. The TMs are newer so can’t comment on the durability yet.

If you have the budget Virpil controls come highly recommended.

Im tempted by the new turtlebeach velocity one

2 Likes

Thanks. I am tempted by the Thrustmaster, but trying to balance what we want and what we need for providing synthetic training on a single-engine prop aircraft so that we can spend our budget on other areas.

Sitting at a desk to learn and getting the hang of the basics, the TM T Flight HOTAS set is sufficient for the blue synthetic portion of the syllabus and generally practicing. That’s our experience anyway and many others seem happy enough with it too.

At this point I can’t comment further as we’re still planning upgrades to our mockpit set up, so I’m intrigued by responses as well.

1 Like

The TM T flight HOTAS ones are a good solid budget option.

There’s not much out there that accurately mimics a Tutor let alone a glider (at least at a sensible cost) so it’s a question of make do, mostly.

We started off our initial build a few years back, with these.

SACCSAICYBEVO2C_l

Simple for learning “pull stick back, houses get smaller”

I would encourage you to network the flight sims together, with pre-set “scenarios” so all your flight sims can be flown in the same virtual airspace giving the opportunity to practice rules of the air, and formation flying, etc

Seconding the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I had one for a year and had no issues (I’ve since upgraded).

I’d also recommend the Logitech Throttle Quadrant aswell if you fancy 6 more buttons and 3 levers (throttle, prop and mixture)

Have this - it’s great, definite recommend from me.

1 Like