Where to put wings on uniform?

Hi all,

Got my civilian wings a while back, but didn’t put them on as we weren’t using our jumpers at the time as we were wearing 2cs without the jumper. I’m pretty sure the wings go on the jumper, but am unsure as to where they go. If anyone has pictures as to where to put them, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Following AP1358C:

a. Single Badge. When a single badge is worn it is to be positioned centrally 1cm above the bottom edge of the patch of the left shoulder of the jersey BG.

Page 126 on V3 if you need to see it!

Civi wings?, like the belgian jump course thing?, if so then I’m positive (I’m sure someone will either confirm or rubbish shortly) that it goes nowhere on official uniform, going off memory, unless the course is done at brize, or indeed if you have other foreign military brevets (we have a former paratrooper of the foreign legion) and permission is sought and given, you cannot wear a badge, its a shame really, i learned how to tie a knot as a cub scout, i cant wear my badge

If a cadet can demonstrate and provide evidence they have matched the same criteria as the ACPS. They are entitled to wear the civilian wings, like the flying scholarship wings but with a C and instead of a P.

It was launched when PTS launched

Hey, but he’s “positive”!

No, civilian flying wings, if you Google it there should be a result for the cadet direct shop where you can view them. They are an air cadet badge.

Yeah I know, I have the wings. The first reply answered my question re: where they go.

Taken directly from AP 1358C

As you can see,

Single Badge. When a single badge is worn it is to be positioned centrally 1cm above the bottom edge of the patch of the left shoulder of the jersey
BG. When worn with No 1 HD, it is to be positioned centrally 1cm above the top seam of the left hand pocket.

There is no mention of a Civilian Wings Badge in AP 1358C so therefore cannot be worn on uniform.

And Civilian Wings Do not feature in the Progressive Training Syllabus.

Capture

They are permitted in ACTO34 para 13-15.
It does not surprise me that this has not successfully joined up with the dress regs or that PTS pamphlet. It may need to be flagged to RWO(L&SE)

3 Likes

ahh true,

NON-ACO FLYING SCHOLARSHIPS

13. Individuals who have completed civilian flying scholarships to solo standard may be awarded the RAF Air Cadets Civilian © Wing in recognition of their efforts. SO2 CAPE, HQ 2FTS will consider each case on its merits. As these particular scholarships are provided by non-public funds, cadets are responsible for the cost of travel between their home and the flying school and will not be eligible for the issue of a travel warrant.

15. Any cadet achieving a Light Aircraft Pilots Licence (LAPL), National Private Pilot’s Licence (NPPL) or EASA Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL) will be entitled to wear the RAF Air Cadets © Wing, subject to confirmation of qualification to SO2 CAPE, 2FTS.

Whoever wrote it is also very good at counting . . .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.