What is the RAFAC doing well?

Sometimes it feels like good stuff is happening DESPITE the HQ.

5 Likes

This is the dream

4 Likes

An option already exists for the reservists on RAPS.

They click a date and propose a planned duty that goes to the line manager.

After the event, they confirm whether it happened/tweak the dates and submit.

Payment occurs.

All done on a smart phone.

Steal that infra.

2 Likes

What is RAFAC doing well?..binning activities…

What is RAFAC doing well?..Destroying itself…

An actual answer to the question.

What is RAFAC doing well?

We have recruited a new Commandant internally. Something that I don’t think has happened before. The vast majority of people are seeing this as a massive win. We will have someone who, from day one, know how this organisation works, and doesn’t work. It won’t take a year to get to grips with things.

That’s an actual good positive thing.

Another is the new ACPS. Okay, it’s only positive because of a previous massive negative. So arguably it’s neutral. But it is still a really good thing. From what @Cab has described I think the new ACPS will be better than the old.

9 Likes

I think it’s better than neutral. I know I’d have rather learnt to fly with an RAF QFI than a flying club in Scotland.

2 Likes

I think there is some questions still about whether the hours count towards a PPL and stuff that is out of my knowledge level, but yes, certainly agree with you!

1 Like

Time will tell.

The ‘Flying Club’ in Scotland was contracted for ‘X’ amount of cadets per year on a very long contract. Bad weather aside, they delivered this.

With the AEF’s delivering the ‘new’ ACPS we don’t yet know if this comes at a price to the allocation of slots to cadets on their first, (and most likely only), air experience flight.
Secondly, we are at the mercy of ‘service requirements’. ACPS could easily be shut down tomorrow because of ‘higher priority tasking’.

That is true but how is the ops doing at Tayside lately?

They have shut down, but there is another 130 ATO’s in the UK which could be used.

2 Likes