What in the BLUE HELL are these?

Whilst I can’t imagine that we’ve got much need for sticking rank onto helmets or zap plates I have seen far worse than that!

1 Like

Saw this earlier…

1 Like

It is so hard to put into words how I feel about this… consternated anger maybe.

1 Like

Screaming Into a pillow comes to mind

1 Like

I’ve never understood why you would wear blue rank slides on green uniform. It has always struck me as a bit odd…

3 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of squadrons making own TRFs for the left Velcro patch on uniform.
Even a few with sand and multi cam boots. Oh the joys .

Yeah just don’t do it with a copyrighted logo…

1 Like

Or get caught…cause there’s been fall out

1 Like

I have a panel with my name and a TRF on it, on my rucksack. I have an admin pouch on the MOLLE loops and used it there. Not sure where else could ever use it though?

Is that perhaps for those Keela jackets some people are so fond of?

:rofl: :rofl: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

@AlexCorbin wait until you see my MTP rank slides with RAF AC embroidered underneath.

Do have a brown paper bag to hand for your inevitable panic attack :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Again I know your history… Won’t pick a fight and risk having my vocals removed out my back passage… Always a fan of picking the right battles

3 Likes

Not even if I told you that the embroidery was in sand-coloured cotton (which it is)?

Lol. Alex, I’m too old to fight. too overweight to run and too tired to argue. I’ll just use the butt of a L98 :rofl:

In all seriousness, why would I get bent out of shape because I was taken to task over rank slides? I’d just smile sweetly and say: “how do you take your tea, Alex?” :smiley:

1 Like

Have just googled. HOW MUCH!?

2 Likes

They are nice though. :slight_smile:

Not as much as the Acrteryx LEAF stuff!

The Keela’s are the absolute shiz - effectively derigour for the Baltic’s, Norway and the Falklands.

Bit steep, but very good, and very durable. Effectively they are a waterproof combat jacket but without the sweatfest of the issue thing.

1 Like

They were the jacket of choice among the regulars who assisted with JL when I was there. Never got the attraction myself.

I’d prefer to get my hands on one of the very, very rare MTP issue Arctic smocks in gabardine.

This was in the regulations for a while, so plenty of units still have them in my experience.

1 Like