What are you reading….?

I quite like some of the retroactive ones, but it sucks hard knowing that anybody not mentioned in the other ones won’t stick around.

Yeah some of them have been OK, I would love to see some of the peripheral characters get their own books, a Lossow or Fredrickson series would be immense.

Mandy Hickson - An Officer, Not A Gentleman. Just finished it and highly recommend. Mandy was one of the first female fast jets pilots in the RAF. Great read for anyone but especially Air Cadets

3 Likes

V2-Robert Harris. Not far in but as ever with Harris his accuracy is good.

1 Like

Finished “Sweating the metal” just in time for “Tornado” to be delivered…

Currently reading The Cardinal of the Kremlin for the umpteenth time

1 Like

Just discovered the Terry Pratchett graphic novel versions. Reading Guards Guards.

Currently reading The Massacre Of Mankind by Stephen Baxter. A book i discovered completely by accident.

Lemmy White Line Fever. More personality in one of his nail clippings than a roomful of some of today’s music stars.

He should have been an Hon Gp Capt, would have made mess nights interesting, I might have gone along. I think he would have enjoyed the role and who knows offered tickets for Motorhead gigs :star_struck:

Tonight j finished Story Teller by Dave Grohl, if you’re a music fan it’s great and I now wish I was Dave Grohl

Just finished reading Harry Keeble’s “Crack House”. Very insightful book regarding drugs squad work in the late 90s - and, whilst still depressing, definitely less heartbreaking than his child protection unit books.

1 Like

In light of how the organisation and the country at large is going, the title of Quentin Letts latest book really grabbed me…

“Stop blo*ody bossing me about - How we need to stop being told what to do”

Enjoying it so far!

1 Like

Having taken my exam and not needing to study for a while I’ve. Finally got myself something fun to read.

A pair of silver wings by James Holland, it’s about a Spitfire pilot in Malta and Italy, switches backwards and forwards between the war and him in his 70’s finally facing upto the memories and what he went through.

You can really tell that James Holland is a historian and has interviewed lots of Veterans.

I’m actually really enjoying working centrally to the local town. This is the result of today’s lunchtime wander to Waterstones.

I’m currently reading a dystopian fantasy/comedy entitled Air Cadet Central. :crazy_face: