What are the rules on wearing PCS without any identification on?

Hi all,

I’m planning to go airsofting pretty soon, and I want a camouflage/combat uniform to use for it.
Would I be allowed to wear my PCS there as long as I didn’t have any cadet identification (e.g stable belt, beret).

Thanks.

Yes, no lid and no badges, will be fine.

Treat yourself and skip the trouser twists too.

I should point out, the paint can stain it so wash it as soon as possible after.

2 Likes

What about blanking patches? Are they allowed, as they have the union flag on them?

2 Likes

They are on the shirt even if purchased from a shop so won’t be a problem.

1 Like

Alright, cheers.

Especially if you purchased it, crack on badgeless. If Sqn issued, don’t expect sympathy or replacement if you damage it.

National identifiers aren’t a drama unless you’re planning on “airsofting” in a war zone somewhere… Just nothing related specifically to RAFAC or its constituent parts.

I recommend getting yourself a couple of hero sleeves to go with the unbloused trousers.

5 Likes

It’s my own bought, and I think I’ll leave the trousers bloused, and the sleeves, I’ll think about it.

2 Likes

Gross. Absolutely not ally. Paintball experience will suffer.

3 Likes

You must use hero sleeves at all times.

3 Likes

Hero sleeves, and non bloused - allyness SAVES LIVES!

6 Likes

paintball? i would never go paintballing in my precious mtps.

2 Likes

Misread the convo, thought paint balling, not air softing.
Point still stands. Unbloused trousers are ally. +5 to airsofting ability.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t use any issued kit for activities that aren’t authorised by your chain-of-command. Kit that you acquired elsewhere or purchased yourself is fine.

1 Like

I’d take a less stringent line - I’d have no problems with a cadet using an issued rucksack, or MTP clothing or whatever to go hillwalking or camping, but I’d be pretty upset if they wore them to go paintballing or to decorate their house.

If you want to cover something in paint, buy it yourself.

1 Like

good thing they are going airsofting which uses bb’s

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.