Webbing or Daysack

You can synch the Predator 45/ PRI daysack down quite small though, if someone say one at a decent price (£50 or under without the ticket pouches) it’s a solid bit of kit. Just no waist belt on the issue version.

in @dazizian defence he did say if it can’t be carried in webbing it will be in the Harbour area and could be pink…

of those items only the two two are most likely to be pink*.

i’m pretty sure in my “webbing” i could get sufficient food and water the last the “day” and a first aid kit. if it is cold…well I’ll be wearing my layers anyway 'cos its green exercise which only leaves waterproofs which i could probably fold into a smock pocket if needed.

that said the above example is only valid on fieldcraft and not a general AT walk…but who is wearing webbing outside of fieldcraft or shooting environments?

*by pink i mean “not military pattern”

1 Like

Road marchers often wear webbing

It is currently mandated for L98 IWT. If you see that happening without webbing, speak up.

It will soon be mandated for LFMT, too.

This shouldn’t be a blocker. Rgns (and many Wgs) have stocks. I’ll wager money on many committees / councils approving purchases of more.

Training without webbing fundamentally sets cadets and CFAVs up for failure when they do need it. Teach with webbing / CTV.

You may have seen, but I haven’t shot for over 5 years.

Frankly, considering how hard it is to do in SW Region, I’ll be surprised if I ever do it again.

Shame really, I loved shooting as a cadet, was pretty good at it too.

1 Like

Fixed that for you

6 Likes

Regional differences is a pet project of mine; the RCs will rightly do what’s right in their Rgn but I’ll do my best to ensure there are still ways and means to provide opportunities.

Get in touch if you have anything specific you want help making work.

2 Likes

I’m too far removed from the shooting lark to have any input on running it. Most I ever managed was WI, and i let that lapse years ago as I found the teaching method really hard work, and often not productive.

I just miss having access to regular, local wing shoots I could go on and help out a bit, and maybe chuck some rounds down the range.

webbing is also super sexy… so go with webbing

1 Like