VR(T) Commission Change

Nice attempt at a diversion response

Keep fishingā€¦:wink:

What is your thought behind this? Why are you surprised?

Well thankfully they were commissioned when they stopped issuing weapons and ammo to SNCOs and CIs in the last 18months or so or their would of been another shooting ā€œpauseā€

The VRT commission has survived two attacks in the past in the 1970ā€™s and 1990ā€™s. It survived because a lot of old school cadre, who were retired RAF and part of the hierarchy wanted to retain their military commissions. My surprise is more that nothing has been done to remove it (well almost) until now?

WRT shooting. I donā€™t think the new commission is an issue?

You know this how?

here is hopingā€¦

Only what Iā€™ve been toldā€¦ no reason to disbelieve it?

Last warning chaps. Stay on topic and donā€™t get personal.

Iā€™ve been around a while, so the wife says to me, and read a bit on the history and itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve heard of such an attempt. Iā€™m surprised it hasnā€™t been referred to in the emails revealed on FOI as well. I think someone is winding you up. No reason to believe itā€™s true either.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œ109115, post:1743, topic:2647, full:trueā€]The ACO Command Board and RAF Senior Leaders made the decision not to go with the majority view.
We were asked to complete a survey which almost 3000 ACO staff completed. Less than one third of the ACO staff membership.
To say that the majority ā€˜voteā€™ wasnā€™t upheld is putting ā€˜spinā€™ on it to fit the views of a minority who just happen to be active on this thread!
The only devil in me is perhaps a voice for what might be the majority of ACO adult volunteers who donā€™t happen to participate here?[/quote]
By this statement just let us be thankful the ACMB and RAF SLT arenā€™t in control of the election process.
Just imagine it ā€¦ not enough people voted and those that did didnā€™t vote the way we wanted so weā€™ll get it loaded in our favour or just select what we wanted and say that was the result anyway. Sounds like Zimbabwe as mentioned in an earlier post.

In any vote / survey it is only those that always do, can be bothered or have a definite view, so expecting a massive ā€˜turnoutā€™ is a bit of a stretch.

The way this was handled exposes the contempt with which the volunteers in the ACO are held by senior management at all levels. Which is something I am well aware of by personal experience.

Hi all,
when it happens, which slides do we wear on the GP jacket. Currently I have dark blue ones. I noticed that there is no mention of them on the scaling table on Bader.
Ta

ā€œjerseyā€ blue on the GPJ, Jeltex and MVP jackets.
Iā€™ve seen it mentioned on the ā€œask the teamā€ page on sharepoint

1 Like

Does anyone know of someone being awarded the new CFC yet? Or have there not been any OASC dates since the change? Still thoroughly confused as to what is happening when. If theyā€™d awarded them Iā€™d have expected some big thing on fakebook but you never know

Now that we are moving to the new CFC, does this not now mean that we do not need to be governed by RAF and FTRS personnel, who are currently twice the cost of Civil Servants and are already in place as ARCs and WExOs.

These staff are a fraction of the cost of FTRS personnel. If we are no longer under military law, then I donā€™t see why experienced VRT could take up some of the positions at a lot cheaper cost.

Personnel could now be recruited to run the ACO from the volunteer cadre. Just food for thought.

Although people are badging up as RAFAC, I am pretty sure (from the various announcements, or lack thereof) that the CFC does not yet exist. I have seen no supporting documentation for it published and I donā€™t expect it to be issued until 01 Nov.

1 Like

Incubus, if my memory isnā€™t wrong you are a WWO.
What is your take on wearing of the CFC ranks before it is actually put in place?
to me its a big no no.

Also Remembrance parade; do you think we should keep our VRT/ATC pins in place until after the parades are complete? the reason I ask this is that if what I have read is true and the new CFC stuff is not being issued until 26th Oct FROM HQAC then it is going to take a while to filter down to Sqn so you could end up mixed badging, it would be better that HQAC issue a statement I feel saying donā€™t change any No1 pins until AFTER the remembrance parades.

I asked that question before why donā€™t ATC staff run HQ ATC etc now.

OK can people please stop using common sense here!
For gods sake you know this kind of thing is not permitted in the corpse!

It isnā€™t wrong.

[quote=ā€œbig_g, post:1775, topic:2647, full:trueā€]What is your take on wearing of the CFC ranks before it is actually put in place?
to me its a big no no.
[/quote]
I agree - it should not be permitted. However, since CAC has stated publicly that she is happy for people to wear them with as soon as they have them, starting about a week ago, and people are doing so, I have concluded that we may as well stop giving a damn during these turbulent times and worry about it once HQ have managed to get their act together.

Not so much. If there is a written period of overlap between VR(T) and CFC then it can overlap and I would not be particularly concerned about a mix of pins on a parade. If it were a completely different pattern of uniform that would be a different matter,

I will continue to focus on the incorrect wearing of poppies, unauthorised cadets in 1s or SD hats, banner bearers in gauntlets etc. as normal.

4 Likes

fair point! its always a bone of contention with me when a LLC turns up with a hat too big they look as if they are balancing it on their ears