VR(T) Commission Change

I think that says it all.

“Them”.

Not: ‘our volunteers’ or ‘the staff’ or ‘our staff’.

“Them”.

4 Likes

This. /Thread

1 Like

Finally found the full quote (Annex C below), essentially she is happy to go with the majority view of the volunteers to show that we do listen to them sometimes…

This was regarding the colour of the text on the insignia - black instead of gold.

In any organisation it’s what “they” do or don’t do that affects the heart and soul of the organisation. They/them means management.

Make mistakes and the organisation suffers.

The saving grace is that in most organisations ‘they’ can be removed, but not so in the ATC, With the invention of the FTRS they just seem keep going which if the first few years is any indicator they are powerless outside their own toilet breaks and just create more and more havoc and chaos.

1 Like

I disagree it was a vote, we were asked to vote on the choice of tittle and indeed I’m very sure they referred to A< B C etc getting % of the SAID VOTE

“Easy to attack decision makers” In this organisation its easy to attack them alright because they are so flipping useless.As has been previously stated this decision has been long trailed but they still get it wrong.The whole organisation at HQAC and Regional level is inept.In the real world they wouldnt last a minute.I deal with stuff like this at work a lot and Im not a big fan of the management where I work BUT at least they can plan stuff and if change comes in its implemented properly.

The ACO or RAFAC or whatever it is they choose to call it this week is an omnishambles at present.and we the people on the ground who deliver the experience to the cadets themselves can see it loud and clear.The ivory tower dwellers at Cranwell cant and live in a world of rainbows and unicorns.Mind they arent the only ones witness the fawning comments on FB earlier this week for CAC being given her CBE.

6 Likes

Sorry if this has been answered already but does anyone know if ACF/CCF(Army) are now awarding Cadet Forces Commission to new and/or existing staff, instead of a Group B commission? If not is there a published timescale for them?

Doesn’t CAC’s update state that the ACF have decided on a 12mth transition? My understanding is that they are retaining their Army Reserve Group B commission until next year.

Cheers. I missed that part. Does that only apply to existing staff though meaning they’ll have a year where they have new staff with the CFC and old staff with a military commission? Sorry if this is all in the update, I don’t remember reading that part and can’t seem to find it on my phone. Unlikely to be home for a few days.

[quote=“109115, post:1710, topic:2647, full:true”]I don’t think it was a ‘vote’ I think it was a staff survey? It’s naive to think it was or could ever have been a vote!
We don’t have a democracy. If we did we might have ended up with ‘boaty mcboatface’ on our rank slides?
The survey was probably conducted to gather up any good ideas out here? Not as some think to treat us with contempt?[/quote]
Vote or survey it was still done following the rules of Communist Russia / 1930’s Germany / Zimbabwe Electoral Commission ie we’ve already got the result, but we’ll go through with this sham anyway to make the poor deluded volunteers think they have had a say.
IIRC the final “vote” more or less just had combinations of the same thing.

Boaty McBoatface would have been preferable in some ways and a lot more fun,

Nothing like a bit of political posturing.Hes a Chief Police Officer not a gay rights activist.Its a uniform hes wearing badges such as that have no place on a Police uniform.

1 Like

You mean “Commission McCommissionface”?

2 Likes

I don’t know why they just didn’t put ‘CF’ on the rank slides. One common rank slide across all 4 cadet forces. It may even have reduced set-up costs and subsequent embroidery as there’s only two letters.

I wonder what the ACF will have on theirs? No doubt their sponsering regiment which will really distinguish them from their regular counterparts…

To think that HQAC want ‘RAFAC’ pins and were going to go down the road of ‘Royal Air Force Air Cadet’ mudguards and possible a sleeve badge (god only knows what THAT would have looked like - an armband no doubt, like the issue CI one!). To save the expense, why didn’t they just give us all a sign to hang round our necks whilst in uniform? One that said: ‘I don’t want you to think I’m a walt because I wear RAF uniform as I’m really only a uniformed youth leader’.

[/ventspleen]

6 Likes

That I think this is common sense and starts down the road of a combined cadet organisation, but would derail too many trainsets in the high salary gang.

But as you say the ACF will have their sponsoring regt, although in most instances they are cap badge based and they have ACF on the slides.

We aren’t changing our rank slides.

It would appear that the only thing that is changing with the CFC will be the new RAFAC rank slides. Nothing else.

I can think of another word beginning with ‘C’…

2 Likes

I had wondered why we didn’t keep the ranks of our parent services with “Cadet Forces” on them.

Would look professional across the board, and the public will see what we are.

Too simple.

Why use two words when five will do?

1 Like

Not allowed to be called “Forces” lest people (morons) get images akin to child soldiers in Somalia in their bonces.