VR(T) Commission Change

Well, it is of more value, it’s a Queen’s Commission still and is afforded the same status within the armed forces as our last Commission.

ARC for Wales and West is a civvi.

Don’t expect to be able to do both an ARC/WExO role as a day job and a squadron role as a volunteer; conflict of interest so I was told.

On Twitter CAC has told someone last night the dates for the change over is still to be confirmed!!!

Does anyone have a clue what is happening?

Lol noone does

1 Like

The scary thing it’s no longer funny,
The longer they keep messing about and issue half baked
Ideas, letters and thoughts it confuses people, which could perhaps impact on cadet activities

1 Like

But on another reply to someone she said it you have the official variety of new rank slides (from cadet direct I guess) you can wear them now.

The old tactic of, it’s not happening yet but carry on doing and wearing the new slides and by 2019 when it’s does happen everyone will have fallen into line by proxy and the naysayers will be in the minority.

1 Like

In my wing the current WExO was a Sqn Cdr for 5 years until family came along

1 Like

Indeed. I’m not going to wear them earlier than absolutely necessary. If only because I don’t want to look like a fool having to go back to the old VRT ones when /if they decide to finally give up on this farce.

1 Like

So, If I retain my VRT commission, can I still become a supernumerary on an ATC Sqn?

Nope and especially not her.

Why not join a recognised union then a group grievance could be raised.Of course the sticking point to start would be the need for a recognition agreement but if enough people became members that shouldnt be a problem.What this whole shambles has shown is the contempt the senior management have for the people who make the organisation what it is.That includes Officers,SNCOs and not forgetting CIs .We all WORK hard at this so called hobby.Not that the Sleaford tech dwellers would notice.

1993 it is a hobby, whichever way you look at it. We are all volunteers regardless of status (VR(T), ATC, CI etc) and we have always had the ability to walk at any time. Yes it’s a shambles, yes we may feel undervalued, but we do it for the kids. If we are now too bitter to see that, then perhaps we (CFAVs) should move on, for the sake of the kids.

1 Like

And what would happen to this wonderful corps if 10 or 20 or even 50% of the officer cadre decided you know what, sod it the poo has got too high, I can’t take the smell any more . I will get my life back and cut the grass in my garden my self. Where would the corps be then.
We have always had the right to walk away, the fact that so many don’t is the greater surprise.

We likely manage with the SNCO and our CI. Officers like the rest of us are REPLACEABLE, I think the real test will come when of if they stop the VA I for one will not be sitting on a laptop for three hours doing Sqn work on a sat night or any other night and would expect my Wing HQ to do all of motost of the paperwork

As I said the military especially the RAF has always seen VRT as civilians looking after kids and the general public has always seen VRT as RAF officers. Now The military will see CFC as civilians looking after kids and the general public will see CFC as RAF officers. Same old same old right time to iron mi shirt

You’ve said the exact same thing three times now. Keep repeating it and there’s a chance you will be ignored. No one in here is interested what the RAF think we are and cares little what the public perception is.

Well stop moaning about something you have no control over and get on with what the corps has been doing for 76 years and will continue to do

Will it?