VR(T) Commission Change

Let me try and post mine for you! Could be you’re still in the club… :wink:

2 Likes

Now, does that mean that the ACF and SCC could get access to our AEF aircraft and Gliders, then?

Crikey

We can’t cope with what we’ve got now never mind taking on any more!

Firstly the change from VR T to CFC raises a number of issues if the CFC is a civilian commission why then do we need CAC who’s on £190.000 a year then 6 Group Captains and then X numbers of WEO all bring paid large sums now for no good reason

Secondly what don’t they open these posts to CS or to CFC officers now that the link as part of RAF is being reduced and I’m not an officer

1 Like

What this whole debacle has shown is the need for a representative body for Cfav similar to a trade union. Now we’re no longer reservists we can actually join one for our cadet duties

Pmsl I love to be a fly on wall at HQAC if a union was started orbit we all joined one

1 Like

CAC ‘only’ gets c.£90K, but I agree with the sentiment.
Want to save money the answer is in your post.

Also the jobs are ring-fenced and will stay so for a reason.

For accuracy, the 2017 FT pay rates for an Air Cdre are 102k 106k and for FTRS less than this ( I can’t find the published 2017 scales at present but from earlier years a home commitment only post with no X Factor will be 5k less). The FT Gp Capt pay rates are £85k - £94k (again FTRS home commitment only 5k less). WExOs used to be C2 Grade civil servants with the 2016 issued pay rates at @£30k. All former military officers used to have to give up their pensions for the duration of their appointment.

Estimating from those figures and if you include COS just that plus CAC and RCs the cost is nigh on c.£900K with rough estimation of NI and other costs added. Loads to save.
When companies look at employees they use total cost NOT just salary. Add in all the other senior roles and it soon becomes a lot of money.

It was suggested that they purely look at numbers when it comes to squadrons, but the numbers there make that pale into insignificance. Even VA is a dribble compared to that given that it doesn’t all get used.

1 Like

I’d suggest that even more relevant is the cost of running full-time HQs at regional level.

And I forgot to take into account ATF, the fact that CAC has a driver, a staff officer plus admin staff. Shall we go on lol

The Staff Officer is regular RAF I believe and are on rotation, same as the OC Admin

Just wondering, if CFC is no longer Military, will junior offier ranks still have to salute Sqn Ldr and above anymore

I look forward to HQAC and their fellow half-wits coming to the - doubtless slow - realisation that the former VR(T), now CFC, Officers are no longer subject to JFDI publications…

Uptil now it’s been mainly farce - the second act is where the comedy gets going.

1 Like

Same could be asked why SNCO who are youth workers saulted officers in first place, now that we are all going to be civilians and youth workers why saulte at all and under what Regs do a service person have to saulte a civilian in uniform, we don’t saulte st john, amb or fire or police officers and he CFC is of no more value than them

1 Like

JFDI being?

Joint forces defence instruction I think

Just emphasis Do It.

7 Likes

Amazed at the amount of new accounts registered in the last 48hrs and old users coming back to post in this thread.

The roles of WExO and ARC are civil servant - in fact if you want to be ARC for North Region, the advert is on Civil Service Jobs right now!