VR(T) Commission Change

As I said, most likely the same as what the SCC used to have… So instead of “middle ground”, everyone is brought down to that level with a piece of paper that wouldn’t get recognised by the military forces like the VR commissions used to…

The military especially the RAF has always seen VRT as civilians looking after kids and the general public has always seen VRT as RAF officers. Now The military will see CFC as civilians looking after kids and the general public will see CFC as RAF officers. Same old same old right time to iron mi shirt.

1 Like

Not far off what I think of the new Commissioning Scroll

5 Likes

So presumably the wording will be changed from
And We do hereby Command them to Obey you as their superior Officer and you to observe and follow such Orders and Directions as from time to time you shall receive from Us, or any superior Officer
to
And We do ask them so terribly nicelyto listen to what you say as their senior in rank only , and you to observe and follow such requests as from time to time you shall receive from Us

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

This is all a bit awkward isn’t it. Now it won’t be a military commission (which we all secretly knew). I wonder why we’re only finding out after the second of their self imposed deadlines has passed, and only when a direct question was asked. When do you think that will be explained to the masses?

This only causes more questions. How will it work in reality?

1 Like

2019… or after another FOI is raised and shared.

It won’t…
On camp, there’s no ground to expect Joe Bloggs RAF to pay compliments as previously expected, and certainly no ground to complain about it to SHQ when you get told to do one…

With the whole situation being a bit like

1 Like

While i am still RAFVR

Always comes back to the SNCO ATC. I note theirs no comments about the VR (T) Officer who also sits an interview does two FULL DAYS at selection and yes A weeks course to become an officer how they devalue RAF Regular Officers never mind others. And for the record some VR (T) Officers and SNCOs have done 22 week basic training and years in the forces before becoming a poor SNCO who devalues in some case I put the Officers to shame in my wing with medals I earned and not the choc box type

1 Like

More and more, I feel that the difference between us and the Scouts is getting more blurred. The things that made us a military outfit, are slowly disappearing - it’s like a death of a thousand cuts.

Gliding doesn’t really happen. Many wings struggle to get any flying done. As for shooting, that’s patchy at best.

With regards to badges, the Scouts would be envious of the number of badges the cadets can now earn…

Now it seems that all Officers will be civvies in uniform…

Someone please remind me how many fingers I should be holding up, when I salute on parade - is it 3 or 5? (or maybe even 2 - as I hand in my MOD90…)

7 Likes

It’s not, hence checking here regularly and trying to piece the facts together! It seems to be assumed all staff have access to Sharepoint.

2 Likes

On the plus side, if we are going to be more like the SCC in status than VR(T) does that mean we’re going to be encouraged to wear swords on parade? :yum:

1 Like

Sod it, I will, why not :wink:

2 Likes

Just like the SNCOs have been and treated for years Even playing field now I think

1 Like

But this shouldn’t be a race to the bottom. I was always in favour of SNCOs being brought into the VR(T)

Even playing field, I agree with.

After years of talk of the SNCOs being told that they will eventually be brought into the service, to be inline with their VR(T) colleagues, it’s a shame that, even though we will now be inline, it would not be in the way that we had all hoped for.

1 Like

Or in the way that they told us!

You, and the rest of us Bob.

The fabled SNCO nove to VR(T) has been on the table for years. I that it was coming, when I was on my commissioning course, over 15 years ago. I should have learned not to believe them…

1 Like

If we still had been “military”, after this move to the CFC, then there would have been still a small glimmer of hope, that one day the SNCO cadre could have joined us, our side of the fence.

Now that we all know that we’ve been lied to, and we’re to be glorified civvies, it looks like that glimmer has finally been extinguished… A sad day for us all…

1 Like

Polo shirts are cheaper than issuing uniforms. Will we be allowed to stitch our position on it so people know? My position will read, “vacant, apply within”

3 Likes