VR(T) Commission Change

It’s on the “Ask the team” section of the CFC page on Sharepoint.

Apparently, one of the options being considered for VGS types is a new VR commission, as they presumably can’t move over to the CFC, and I’m guessing 6FTS want to ‘own’ the VR(T) commission?

From what I have been told, ALL those coming under 6FTS remit will not move over to the CFC. They will either remain as VR(T) or move into a part of the Reservists yet to be determined.

CI’s on a VGS will become NCO Aircrew as there will be no CGI’s on VGS’. Again, from what I have been told, ALL VGS Officers will move onto the CFC as they fly motor gliders owned by the RAFAC. Yes they come under the MAA for their servicing but as far as I’m aware thats it.

Tutors are owned by Babcock which in turn provide a service to the Royal Air Force for EFT therefore come under the AFA.

All very confusing but I’m sure someone from a VGS will come on and blow everything I’ve said out of the water :ship::boom:

After a recent visit to 6FTS this is not the case

Fair enough!

I am curious why new a VR commission is being looked into for 2FTS, though? Why isn’t a VR(T) commission suitable for VGS types, but it is for AEF types?

It’s the first I’ve heard of it to be honest.

Why don’t you ask the RC(N)?

No new commissions in decades (i don’t buy the over 100 years thing seeing as how the RAFVR is less than 100) and now they want to make loads. There surely is no way this can be resolved before new year?

Having all these different commissions in the RAFAC is just going to get confusing grob an admin point of view, hamper people changing roles and lead to greater potential admin errors which could be significant if someone ends up doing something they shouldn’t with that commission.

Also, are we saying that we currently shouldn’t have CGIs? I don’t see why they need to become NCO aircrew in the brave new world

Surely UAS hold VR commission

They are in VR(UAS) I thought. If VR(T) isn’t enough moving forward then I doubt we’d want to appoint gliding instructors to the VR(UAS).

Left hand: we need to remove people from the VRT due to the unnecessary admin burden and AFA requirements

Right hand: we need to keep some people in the VRT due to the necessary admin and AFA requirements

elbow: lets invent something new.

Sums up the current picture I think.

3 Likes

Correct.

They will probably make VR(VGS)…

I think everyone is getting a little round up with “a new VR commission” for the 2FTS/6FTS types… I seriously doubt that, if they keep people within the VR then it will a case of changing their branch (UAS)/(T) etc… As the commission is in the RAFVR…
The creation of a new branch is easier than the creation of a new commission.

It reminds me of the old scene from Yes Prime Minister when they talk about politicians logic.

Something must be done
This is something
Therefore we must do this

5 Likes

we are not saying anything 2FTS has made the decision no more CGI’s only NCO aircrew or officers

Sorry. By we I meant RAFAC, not not those of us on ACC. Thanks for clearing that up, though I’m not sure about why he’s decided this. Is there a risk of losing some CGIs who don’t want a uniform?

Will it make any difference? They will still just bimble about in growbags and aviators humming the Top Gun theme and talking about the Winged Master Race whether they are in uniform or not! :sunglasses::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::kissing_heart::innocent:

4 Likes

You obviously not met him (lucky!)
If you did, you’d understand why :wink:

1 Like

Current CGIs aren’t being forced across, they can if they wish but they can also stay as CGIs at the moment!

There are no new CGIs all new appointments are the NCO aircrew

I’ve met him plenty of times (albeit about 13-15 years ago) when he came to school as an RAF Careers advisor and then again after his appointment as RC. Always found him to be a pleasant chap.

Thanks for clarifying. That makes more sense

Are you talking about 2FTS?