VR(T) Commission Change

In “days of yore” maybe - but you can’t blame that on a typo! :wink:

1 Like

Captain Sea Cadets released this to the Corps this week https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=715974855216775&id=449213441892919

Sorry that doesn’t make sense…
You will be commissioned into this CFC thingy,
But you will still be Honorary RNR officers.

Surely you will either be 1 or the other, not both?

It really does seen this is an unthought out abortion being forced into existence with each cadet service doing their own thing.

Looks like the SCC have been listening to what I’ve been ranting about…

How does that work as the SCC aren’t a sponsored cadet force last time I checked?

Last time I checked we were!
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-cadet-forces-and-mods-youth-work

1 Like

Using their logic… our officers should then become Honorary RAF Reserve officers…
After all… This CFC change is meant to be pretty uniform across all cadet forces… :rolleyes:

1 Like

Which is the point I’ve been making, no one else is changing insignia only us and there is no reason that we HAVE to change except someone at HQAC seems to want to.

1 Like

It isn’t really a fair comparison though as we weren’t wearing comparable insignia. Our insignia already says “ACF”.

Interestingly re the link to gov .cadet forces the wright up on CCF is way more in depth than the other forces mmmmmh

Not interesting or surprising. It’s because the majority of senior CS and MPs will have gone to schools with a CCF as a result the rest of the cadets don’t exist in their minds.

You only have to look at the CEP and how what that is directed at, cadets in schools, to see the lack of understanding about the rest if the cadet forces. This of course doesn’t take into account the poor distribution of school based units and when MPs turn up to events and parades all they will see are community ATC, ACF and SCC units. Their precious CCF cadets will be rarer than hen’s teeth.

Could it be because the VR(T) may still exist, just without CFAV in it ?

There isn’t anyone else in the VR(T), it’s already been announced that the Adminers etc with the ACO who have VR(T) status will also be changing to the new commission.

There will still be other VR elements but not VR(T)

1 Like

Has it - where? I missed that then, as I was referring to the various WgExOs etc who were also commissioned into the VR(T).

We’ve had it from the Wing Commander following a Region meeting.

Is there a “current” reason why our civil servant staff become VRT? Surely their grade/post is sufficient?

Is this replicated anywhere else within the MOD Civil Service?

1 Like

Email I had said something along the lines of “they will transfer to the new commission if it is deemed that they still need one” I’m paraphrasing, but maybe they are asking the same question.

This is the same as other ACF officers?

I’ve noticed the other ACF perminant staff seem to have ranks too. Is that because they’re also in the ACF?

If so do they get volunteer allowance as well as full-time pay from RFCA?

Also generally do WEXOs/HQAC staff do activities that attract VA?

Yes/No/Sort of. Depending on the role, many permanent staff do not actually need to carry rank. They are paid by the RFCA and do not get VA on top of this for doing their job. They can, however, also be CFAVs and I would hazard a guess to say that most probably are. I believe that if they do their CFAVing outside of their core working hours they would be eligible for VA but I’m not 100% certain. There was a move a while ago to actually ban them from wearing uniform and doing anything other than their normal jobs during their core hours, including on annual camps. This move was widely poo-pooed because when on camp these staff usually do CFAVing as well as their jobs, and would result in a lot of CAAs sitting in the stores all day and getting bored stiff. This was supposed to come into effect in April 2016 so I assume it was abandoned or at least put on hold.

It was as I was told to give the illusion of a militaryness (as with all of us) as apparently when dealing with the MoD CS the rank carries weight.