**VERY QUICK** shine

As you’re all aware, tomorrow is Remembrance Sunday and I really need my shoes to shine a lot, and I haven’t got time to sit and bull for hours.

Floor cleaner? Lacquer? Anything would be a help. I have some Kiwi Shine and Protect if that will help.

Thanks

Normal shoe polish - clean them, then brush on and brush off. 5 mins.

Then, for the bit with the mirror shine, get a bottle of Klear floor polish. Open the bottle, get a large wedge of cotton wool and put it over the now open top. Tip the bottle so the polish flows into the cotton wool. Then gently and slowly ‘paint’ the area required with the floor polish. Put a reasonable amount on, but only do it once, so make sure you don’t miss any bits.

It’s fragile stuff, so once it’s dry(10mins or so) , wrap the shoes in something protective. It’s not going to shatter with foot drill, but it marks and scores easily and then sticks out like a sore thumb.

If you can ‘bull’ the area (little circles of polish, then little circles of water), you’ll get a better result for the floor polish to sit on top of. Even 10 mins will produce a very good shine.

NO!! Klear is devil’s blood! :japanese_goblin:

(And isn’t easy to clean off either.)

You should be able to get a “high polish” on your shoes in less than 20 mins using normal polish.

Halfords. Gloss varnish aerosol. Job done.

1 Like

Is this stuff any good??

Nope. Use polish / duster / water - you’ve spend more time asking questions than actually getting the job done! :wink:

4 Likes

judging by the state of your hands the answer is no.

I can get a good shine on a pair of shoes in about 20 mins.

Just stay up an hour later bulling them, then have a nap after parade tomorrow. It’s Sunday after all, and we already know who won the F1 championship so not much point watching the race.

Shame its not a tight finish! I like it when its neck and neck…

1 Like

Clearly the issue here is that you’ve been polishing your hand instead of your shoes, hence they aren’t very shiny!

1 Like

Very helpful. Thanks.

1 Like