Vanished ACF forum: just me or everone?

After a bit of effort, I’d managed to properly get onto the ACF forum (http://armycadetforce.com/forum.php)

Is it just me, or does everyone else find that it’s gone, vanished overnight?? Pity, as it seemed very good.

Incubus, Talon, Redowling, I think you’ve been on it at some point- no luck for you guys either?

I was getting lots of useful cross-border information, and now it’s all just gone fizz bang pop (well, for me). Army pyrotechnics, domain drain or what??

wilf_san

The whole site seems to have gone. Nothing on their FB page about it.

Wonder if they need a hand?!

I noticed this yesterday. They have no DNS A records on their domain, though the domain registration is still in place and the webserver on their IP was running.

On Saturday, a browser window on my PC which had been sitting on their forums generated a security alert warning from my company’s monitoring system regarding a ZBot infection (which didn’t exist on my PC) - it is possible that their site has either been compromised or has been blacklisted.

Not sure what is going on at the moment. I can’t contact Admin. :frowning:

[quote=“djrice” post=19200]The whole site seems to have gone. Nothing on their FB page about it.

Wonder if they need a hand?![/quote]

I’m sure ArmyCadetForceCentral could be a nice little venture for you DJRice!

How do you know what I was thinking? :wink:

But if they need a hand to get back up I’m willing to help.

Anyone got the admin’s contact details?

I have an email address for him but I haven’t had a reply. I would set up a forum myself but I just don’t have time for that right now.

It was quite a well-organised site, from what I saw of it during my brief access. Closely moderated, and topic sections structured in a version of the classic Army command+org version of RAF structures (like G1 Pers, G2 Int+Sy, G3/7 Trg, G4 Logs, G5 Plans etc) which seemed to work ok for them, but of course wouldn’t be as good as the finely-tuned engine that is now ACC. Some very informed/experienced and helpful members on there, too.

I noticed that quite a lot of the Cadets and Staff had totally-open detailed signature blocks, which I feel is not a good idea, speaking personally.

I don’t mean from any persec angle, I mean more on the grounds of eternal permanency of content, and practical common-sense. I’ve a feeling that the Sea Cadets forum that used to exist was similarly personalised for most users- I suspect it was possibly officially supported by the MS-SCC, but, I’m unsure about that side of this recently-disappeared Army Cadets forum: I have a vague memory that it may originally have been run officially by the ACF, >way< back, and then perhaps has become totally delegated (Incubus, am I mixing-up my forums, I mean the one that had a few reasonable mil comms and conversation running in it- was that a predecessor to the one that’s vanished, or was that yet-another parallel venture that’s also gone off the Radar?)

It’s worth noting that the ACC style of user IDs and avatars seems to be in the majority, internationally, when it comes to Cadet and/or military forums. But, there’s only one Air Cadet Central…(well, nearly)

wilf_san