Vacancy - RC LaSER

Looking at the current Commandant’s LinkedIn, there is a vacancy to become Regional Commandant, LaSER.

Could this have anything to do with who the next Commandant might be?

LinkedIn Post

1 Like

I hope not.

1 Like

Also, this is the second time finding out about someone senior leaving via LinkedIn, via ACC. :joy:

2 Likes

Dire comms! :rage:

Here is the full job spec.

Also also, can we all look at what here is listed as essential, and what’s listed as desirable?!?!

• Knowledge of the volunteer dynamic, in school and community settings.
  • Prior experience of working with young people (eDBS will be required).

These two are only desirable. They should be top of the bloody list for essential.

11 Likes

They never are. They’re always desirable, that hasn’t changed for years.

1 Like

It’s not actually - an email was sent a couple of weeks back.

An email was sent? From who to who? I’m in LaSER and certainly hadn’t seen anything before seeing this post. And I check my emails…

I didn’t get an email either

1 Like

How long has he been in post? Two x 4 yr normal terms?

If so, is 8 yrs seen as “time for a new broom” maybe?

Also, would his current terms qualify for consideration for promotion to the Cmdt position? Previous RAF rank if any?

I’m 90% sure he’s done at least 9 years already!

1 Like

Depends if he was a Gp Capt in the RAF before taking the RC job. Some RCs have been regular Wg Cdrs who were eligible for a promotion

1 Like

His LinkedIn profile shows him as a Wg Cdr immediately prior to becoming the Regional Commandant. It also shows him as being in post for 8 yrs 10 months.

1 Like

FTRS posts are often abused for promotion purposes. Why compete against your whole peer group to promote when you can compete against the 1 or 2 other applicants?