Useful Courses

I am off to Linton-on-Ouse tomorrow to do my FMT-600 and again later in the month for my CPSA course. That got me thinking. Other that “whatever your squadron/region/wing needs” what are the generically useful courses.

I don’t mean the required stuff like Child Protection or BASIC (or whatever they just renamed it to), or the shooting qualifications that would be more specific you a volunteers interests. I mean courses that are useful to everyone regardless like perhaps MOI?

Thoughts?

Level 3 Award in Education and Training would be useful in most walks of life - if your Wg run them.

D1 course at Leconfield?

I’m afraid I’m old enough to have D1 by default, that is why I’m off to do my FMT.

A good quality first aid qualification is also useful to have.

1 Like

Would you need someone accredited to actually assess this and would they be found on Wing Staff? We have properly accredited people come into assess staff on the job for specific qualifications.

It would be better if the Corps funded it and you were externally assessed, if Wing ran it you could end up with something akin to a glorified MOI that is of no use to man or beast.