USAF staff in RAFAC

It’s a military style uniform but with the identifiers on is a civilian uniform as everyone who wears it is a civilian and not subject to Armed Forces Act

this

i seem to remember some time in Dawn’s tenure where a letter to employees went out to encourage their Staff who were CFAV the leave to attend/support Cadet events where there was a line

“…these leaders are not military nor fall under the reserve forces, but civilians in a military uniform…” (or words to that effect)

i seem to recall it causes a lot of flapping who thought there were more than they were and also for those who had been economical with the truth with their employer and showing them the letter would have cancelled any privileges they had swung their way

2 Likes

I’m amazed at the amount of people that this applies to - our local ACF chap on the local groups etc insists everyone in the community calls him rank.surname, and I recently met some new colleagues who described themselves as being Army Reservists, but were ACF staff…

I haven’t seen it as much in the RAFAC, but no doubt it exists.

1 Like

Just slip a couple hundred into his re-election fund.

1 Like

So an American veteran can wear US medals on it? I don’t think so.

No, no one has suggested that they would be allowed. Because the organisation still has rules on the wear of uniform. Much like the police, which has a civilian uniform, wouldn’t let you wear American medals.

Edit to avoid the debate on US medal numbers Vs UK medal numbers

As long as you’re not of the opinion that a Bronze Star for valour, Purple Heart with oak leaf cluster, and Republic if Vietnam Gallantry Cross are much the same as one of the various Queen’s Jubilee Medals.

I won’t disagree (otherwise) we have too many pointless gongs.

1 Like

Not at all. The jubilee medals are basically participation certificates

1 Like

Like in school when people got certificate for good attendance :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I definitely know a Canadian CFAV who moved to the UK for a period of time and used his Canadian uniform, including to formal parades. Not sure how official this was / whether the WHQ were actually ever told this was happening…

Would they not just be a Service instructor???

Not if they’re retired, afaik.