Uniform to work day - Wed 25th June

Anyone taking part? My work is and I will be, which should confuse the Army/Navy and a few RAF :cheer:

I’m not planning to bother.

I will be, but then I do every day! :stuck_out_tongue:

first i heard about it unfortunately.

a few years ago the Wing sent out a memo encouraging all to get involved and heard nothing every year since…

[quote=“steve679” post=19182]first i heard about it unfortunately.

a few years ago the Wing sent out a memo encouraging all to get involved and heard nothing every year since…[/quote]

I don’t think the magistrates would understand, or the defendants.

[quote=“Baldrick” post=19184][quote=“steve679” post=19182]first i heard about it unfortunately.

a few years ago the Wing sent out a memo encouraging all to get involved and heard nothing every year since…[/quote]

I don’t think the magistrates would understand, or the defendants.[/quote]

sorry
"…involved but heard nothing every year since…"

I’m self employed and work on my own from home. Needless to say I’ve never bothered.

I like the sentiment… ‘raise the profile of the armed and cadet forces’. Though, some people work jobs that perhaps they ought not to wear their uniform to…
I recall a photo of one of my wing colleagues in her uniform (DPMs for some reason) standing in front of the spirit counter at her job at the local off licence.
Not the best image (and technically against dress regs).

Its a ridiculous idea. Far too yank for me.

I think its just free advertising to make up for the MODs failing reservist figures.

Not to mention the security risk.

Screw Armed Forces day, its just a crap excuse for the Government to look like its done something. When in fact its done Sweet Foxtrot Alpha.

I was going to, but I forgot and realised only once I had left the house this morning… :ohmy:

Wearing mine, as is the RE Major in the next office.