Uniform Initial Issue - What do I get

ahh, missed that bit right at the bottom! :joy:

agreed and why the RAFAC is now catching up…

All very well until the duvet technican says ‘you’re not VRT are you, so no issue’.

plus, you try looking up AP1919 . . .

1 Like

It’s done at the AFCO stage, and probably wouldn’t be referred to by name. But you’ll have had your ID checked and been asked for references…

1 Like

You beat me to it… found AP1919A on sharepoint, but not AP1919.

:man_shrugging:t2:

and then there’s this post in a thread from 4 months ago…

I had that problem, I found a picture of a random person in RAF uniform and photoshopped their shoulders/chest onto my passport photo :rofl:

4 Likes

Another weird rule. Can you even see the shirt in the photo? You can’t tell what I’m wearing in my MOD90 photo (it was a civie polo shirt). Funnily enough it is the face people look at, not the clothes.

My first F1250 photo was rejected as I wasn’t wearing a tie… I sent a new one and the card cropped my collar out anyway!

1 Like

Having just received my letter from Cranwell, I think I’ll be finding this thread useful all over again :laughing:

Congratulations Sir

Thank you.

Would be interested to see what uniform req for you got…

well the instruction I’ve been given is TG Sup Form 005.

Of course I’ve got a MOD90 application (although can’t see any guidance as to what “passport-quality” photo is acceptable) and haven’t done a BPSS through cadets yet.

Fortunately I already have a MOD90 so will do the cadet paperwork will getting on with trying to get uniform.

Make sure you are wearing a uniform shirt and tie for your MOD90 picture. It will be rejected otherwise and then eventually when you get your MOD90 back they will have cropped the uniform completely out of the picture anyway :rage:

1 Like

See ACP20 PI 109

Also,

Out of curiosity, because I can’t remember the specifics and haven’t done it for a while, does it specify Wedgewood and tie? If not, I’m wearing my Marcella and bow tie next time.

1 Like

Yup.

Dress. Applicants are to be in uniform. This is defined as Wedgwood blue shirt and black tie without hat. Jackets or pullovers should not be worn.”

1 Like

Damnit

2 Likes

Having been at primary school with descendants of Josiah Wedgwood I was brought up to correct the wrong spelling whenever it’s seen…

6 Likes