Ultilearn

i have completed my leading exams on ultilearn but now nothing is coming up. i need help please

I would suggest as a starting point you bring this to the attention of your squadron training officer for their assistance.

You may have accidentally archived them. There is a check box on the bottom right to show archived. Check this and you may find they reappear.

As above, contact your Sqn Training Officer - they will be able to look up within the Squadron Management System to show your passes. They will then fill in your blue card and send it off to Wing who will then send your card and badge back to the Sqn.

Well done!

In fact the process now is: fill in a form with details of all cadets who’ve passed; email it to SERCO graphics at Cranwell and copy Wing HQ. Cranwell print the certificates and post directly to your chosen address, Wing should send the badge.

The blue cards were done away with quite some time ago.

I guess it depends on the Wing as we are still using them, after sending the card to Wind we also fill in the form for the certificates from SERCO graphics at Cranwell.

Either way the OP should speak with the Sqn Training Officer who should be able to sort it out with their Wing processes.

Whilst there’s an Ultilearn topic going, does anyone know how to change passwords? I’ve done it before, but I can’t remember how and despite an A-Level in computing, a day job doing computery-things and being a power-user of most common software, Ultilearn is so spectacularly unintuitive that I can’t work it out.

[quote=“Olie” post=15901]I guess it depends on the Wing as we are still using them, after sending the card to Wind we also fill in the form for the certificates from SERCO graphics at Cranwell.

Either way the OP should speak with the Sqn Training Officer who should be able to sort it out with their Wing processes.[/quote]

Why? Suggest as part of the Admin Burden Reduction, some low-hanging fruit could be picked and a quick win would be to FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ISSUED BY HQAC AND GET RID OF THE USE OF BLUE CARDS!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don’t suppose you have a link do you Plt Off Prune? I presume it’s on SharePoint somewhere?

MattB - I have found that for some users (not all), after a password reset request (which goes to the OC) and logging in with the new password it requests you to change the password. I have not been able to find anywhere to change it for those that do not get this or simply wish to “manually”.

I’ve also found Ultilearn is “flaky” with Internet Explorer 11 and sometimes with Chrome - to the point where a Cadet can be halfway through an exam and it hangs or suddenly quits and the Cadet either can’t restart the exam and has to wait 7 days or start from the beginning again. The most reliable browser I have found for Ultilearn in Firefox.

I had the same thing with one of my cadets yesterday. An exam previously undertaken was absent from his ‘My Courses’ list. Nor was it in the archive, not had he deleted it.

I discovered that he was not registered for it, but was approved by me to see it. I also noticed that the name of the exam was now “topic name v2” I think that perhaps the original exam had been deleted, and the second version not replaced.

[quote=“Olie” post=15907]Don’t suppose you have a link do you Plt Off Prune? I presume it’s on SharePoint somewhere?

MattB - I have found that for some users (not all), after a password reset request (which goes to the OC) and logging in with the new password it requests you to change the password. I have not been able to find anywhere to change it for those that do not get this or simply wish to “manually”.

I’ve also found Ultilearn is “flaky” with Internet Explorer 11 and sometimes with Chrome - to the point where a Cadet can be halfway through an exam and it hangs or suddenly quits and the Cadet either can’t restart the exam and has to wait 7 days or start from the beginning again. The most reliable browser I have found for Ultilearn in Firefox.[/quote]

It was on email, but SharePoint reveals

https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/ScotNIRegion/WScotlandWing/Shared%20Documents/Administration/WROs/W%20SCOT%20WG%20WROs%202012/WRO%20No%2007%20-%2022%20Feb%2012.doc

Plus a couple of other references to “obsolete” in different Wing HQ areas.

Unfortunately, we’re in the same position as Olie and I got into hot water over not sending cards in!

The current ACTO gives the option for Squadrons to choose whether they wish to continue using the F3521 in addition to updating SMS and completing the required forms for Cranwell graphics.
Unfortunately I guess that some Wings have chosen to enforce it.
God know’s why? The information is contained within SMS. Why make extra work for the sake of it? The blue cards no longer serve any useful purpose.

[quote=“wdimagineer2b” post=15933]The current ACTO gives the option for Squadrons to choose whether they wish to continue using the F3521.
Unfortunately I guess that some Wings have chosen to enforce it.
God know’s why? The information is contained within SMS. Why make extra work for the sake of it? The blue cards no longer serve any useful purpose.[/quote]

My Bold. Why not we seem to in almost every other area of the ACO :!:

There is a current “bug” with Ultilearn regarding courses going “missing” - submit a Service request and they will restore the missing courses. Source: Ken Snyder at ATF beginning of January.

Removed as posted in wrong thread.

Removed/tidied as referring to incorrect posting by other user.

[quote=“Baldrick” post=15908]I had the same thing with one of my cadets yesterday. An exam previously undertaken was absent from his ‘My Courses’ list. Nor was it in the archive, not had he deleted it.

I discovered that he was not registered for it, but was approved by me to see it. I also noticed that the name of the exam was now “topic name v2” I think that perhaps the original exam had been deleted, and the second version not replaced.[/quote]

Would that have been Senior/Master Piston Engine Propulsion by any chance ?

I’ve had a load of cadets get 90-odd % through this exam a couple of weeks ago, failing one or two questions. They went back into it last night to retake the failed Q’s only to find it completely missing, despite a record in SMS showing them as attempting the exam and scoring 91%. And I suspect that re-registering it means they now have to resit the whole exam (didn’t have time to try last night).

They will be seriously unhappy if that’s the case !

I’ve just answered my own question by logging in to Sharepoint and going to “Help” en-route to logging a bug - there’s a post related to this on the main page stating that some exams have been replaced by V2 versions to fix a bug, and that yes, they will have gone missing, will require re-registering and will require a full retake.

Although, if they know the subject it shouldn’t be much of an issue. 5 minutes at most.

So this is the current way that we get cadets on to ultilearn on my unit.

1. The adj registers cadets on BADER. This creates a username and password which is emailed to the OC
  2. The OC collates all of the individual emails and sends them to me (or I could log in to BADER and grab all of the cadet numbers individually)
  3. I (trg off) open ultilearn and copy each cadet number into the lost password field
  4. The OC collates all of the new individual emails and sends them to me
  5. I copy and paste each cadet number and password into ultilearn
  6. I copy and paste the password again
  7. Finally the cadet can set their password

I make computer systems (databasey things) at work. If I created a system as ridiculously convoluted as the one above I would be shouted at by my boss or clients. At length. Rude words would probably be used.