Trouble with SMS for Cdt SNCO

My OC has created an account on SMS for me, however, we can’t seem to log in using it.

I’ve heard from a previous thread that a ‘personal account’ (presumably the one my OC makes me) has to be used together with the unit’s ‘generic account’. Is this the case and is the oc.**** the ‘generic account’?

On the SMS login screen, which box would the username and password my OC gives me go? Does anything else need to go in the other boxes?

Apologies if this is all really basic stuff to SMS veterans. Any help is much appreciated.

In the top login area you use xxxx (insert squadron number here) and the password. In the second login area (below) you use the account that your oc has created for you.

1 Like

Make sure you try logging into share point with the generic password first - it may be needing a password renewal as the old one has expired.

Not the neatest, but it works.

Your squadron’s generic account will have a generic password. This may well have expired if no-one else has been using it. The sqn details go in the top 2 boxes (note; for some sqns you need the 1234@rafac email address, for others it’s just the sqn number)

Your personal account details, set up by the OC on SMS, then go in the bottom 2 boxes.

If all else fails, ask your OC to contact your Wing’s Bader POC for help.

1 Like

Amazing thanks everyone - didn’t even know such a generic account existed!

The issue is, if the generic account password is unknown, how do you reset it? Will it have to be done by someone higher up? Would it default to something if it’s never been used?

Yes, email your Wing Bader POC! :slight_smile:

Christ imagine the number of unread emails!

Good to know, thanks. Will talk to OC to try and sort now we know where we’ve been going wrong :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.