Transfer between Sqns?

What is the official process to request a transfer between Squadrons? (VRT)
The reason is merely that my qualifications are redundant on my current Sqn, and a nearby Sqn (and other nearby Sqns) could benefit greatly and utilise my Qualifications. The Sqn I am on has 3 shooting qual’d Staff and no Weapons or Range, and a nearby Sqn has a Range, L103s, Nr8s and no qual’d Staff!

Hi there,
First stop is your sector commander and discuss it with them and then they can advise
It maybe a case of the sqn is already at strength for staff and can’t take another or some swaps maybe required.

However, I do think you are being a tad selfish here… It seems you want to go to where your qualifications can be used, but What’s stopping you using them now? The lack of weapons and range isn’t really a reason when by from what you say there is a squadron with stuff not being used, I would assume if you were on friendly terms with them if you want to transfer.
Why not speak to the sqn and arrange a joint training weekend for both get all the cadets trained up from both squadrons and then
You and the fellow qualified staff can run the range on an agreed basis with a mixture of theirs and your cadets so everyone benefits.

That is what happens between my sqn and another they come to mine and I run the range whilst their staff do leadership and other
Stuff with my cadets everyone wins.

It’s easy.

1. Speak to the squadron you want to move to and ask if there is a position for you

2. speak to your OC and request a transfer to said sqn.

3. Complete transfer between sqn form found in acp20.

4. Send to wing.

5. You will get a transfer confirmation chit from wing.

6. Start parading at your new unit.

Dead easy.

Strikes me as odd that you haven’t set a training and shooting programme up for both squadrons and the only way you seem able to access these resources is by transferring. Would you do something for both squadrons if you moved? Which thens begs the point in the first sentence.
Have you suggested getting AR shooting set up on your sqn?

Or is there another reason for a move, as this motive seems a bit weak.

In the perfect world you are right Scrounger; but I’m afraid we don’t live in a perfect world. Request could get turned down for several reasons, some of which have been mentioned.

TBH I concur with other responses. How nearby is nearby? Surely that through inter-sqn co-operation, you can use your quals to assist those around you. What happens if the grass isn’t as green as you expect after you move? Shooting is only one part of the ACO experience, what else do you do at your present sqn which will require covering should you leave and what other roles will you take up at the new sqn.

The nearby Sqn is 35 miles away (that is nearby for us as we are out in the sticks!).
We have been waiting for weapons for over 10 years, having been temporarily moved about 12 years ago! Our Squadron now has 7 Staff and 6 Cadets. I feel rather redundant there, whereas if I move, I could become an asset for the whole sector.

I don’t quite see how transferring makes you a better asset.
Depending where you live in relation to your current and the other squadron, you could become less of an asset based purely on the distance you need to travel and the joys our real lives can bring. Especially as you say you live ‘in the sticks’ come the winter the journey might be one you wouldn’t want to make. I only live 3½ miles from my sqn and I have to go through the lanes to get there and in the winter it can be a PITA.
Frankly I’d say you’re better off staying put and running weekend activities. Also it might be the thing that makes the squadron more attractive.