Training Programme auto-publishing via SMS onto CadetPortal: undocumented feature?

I may be late (or last) to this particular party, but can anyone please confirm whether the action of saving a screen-shot image of a sqn training programme into the so-named storage area within SMS results in that content being auto-published on that sqn’s Cadet Portal?

I did this, initially thinking I was just saving the content for reference within SMS, but I was surprised to see a response back like “Sent to Cadet Portal”…? I’ve not had a chance to check with our Cadets yet, but is this scenario actually as useful / effective as it’s appearing to be?

Experienced insights welcome!!

My understanding is that both “squadron documents” and “training programme” in SMS are accessible in the relevant parts of Portal from the start and was intended to be.

Prior to that we had no “in-house” and simple mechanism for sharing information digitally with everyone.

We use this all the time. Create the programme in Excel save a PDF of it then upload onto SMS. As long as you select to display in cadet and volunteer portal, everybody in the squadron will have the ability to see it.

2 Likes