Thinking of being a CI

I am thinking of applying to be a CI when old enough how long do you stay a CI before you can apply to be a SNCO

Depends on what rank you reach on timing out as a cadet. I think if you reach Cdt SNCO, you can go directly as SNCO. I’m sure someone will tell me if I’m wrong.

Go for the CI route and then maybe look at uniform after a year or so.
You will learn loads and gain much knowledge ref how thinks ‘tick’ from the staff point of view.
I recall our wing warrant officer found the jump from cadet to staff a BIG shock and they didn’t realise how much the staff did to run things.

1 Like

Sypland’s comments makes a lot of sense and the reflection of many cadets who make the jump is that we didn’t realise what actually goes on. Even the most involved of staff cadets. The problem is once in uniform, unless you want to lose face, getting out is not ‘easy’, so better to evaluate your options and decide after you have properly evaluated the situation.

The only cadet I’ve had who had a real understanding was a VGS Staff Cadet who saw a lot of BS and frustration experienced by staff as a cadet at the VGS.

1 Like