Theme Park Rides

Thought it would be good to start a topic about theme park rides. As I have had many experiences with them. With my favorite coaster being Megaphobia at Oakwood, even though if you sit at the back it tends to break your back. But it was worth it despite pain all over my ribs and spine.

Hulk at Universal Studios is where its at in terms of roller coasters

4 Likes

My mom likes places like Universal Studios and Disney because of the fact the rides have a story rather than just pure adrenaline, which is what I like.

1 Like

Agree. Although I’m not sure my back will be able to cope with another theme park trip. I’m not as young as I was. I’m in my third decade, bits are falling off!

1 Like

Ha same

My absolute fav and he last coaster I rode … 7 years ago. Then doctors started doing all sorts of tests on my heart, and although they told me they found one (and it was in good working order) it’s kinda put me off high adrenaline stuff for life.

Probably in a minority of 1, but I can’t stand rollercoasters in any shape or form. Complete waste of time, energy and money.

I must say I’m not a fan, especially when combined with the cost

Having been on some of the modern ones that seem intent on making speed the thrill, the best one I went on was the Wild Mouse at Blackpool, not the highest or fastest but the fact it rattled and rolled
and you wondered if you’d make the turns, beats all the modern ones with all the safety features, into a cocked hat, IMO.

Theme parks have become a vehicle for con artists to rip people off. I feel sorry for parents. One of our neighbours went to Legoland for a day and it cost over £200 for a day them and their 2 children. The con in their opinion was the book online discount which ties you to a day, so rain or shine you have to go. Personally I think these should be banned along with paying extra to “fast track”, one price only. It is insane that kids cost the same as adults.

Big favourite of mine is Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios. I like the whole music selection thing which gives it a different twist.

I do have to agree on the whole theming of a ride. I think it adds to the overall experience. One of my favourites for this is Everest at Animal Kingdom. Not the biggest coaster by any means but one I can happily ride over and over :+1:

1 Like

I don’t mind the actual rides, but I’m not a fan of the whole theme park experience. Early mornings, Queuing to get in, expensive and crap food, more Queuing, minging toilets, more Queuing, over tired kids whining, more Queuing, getting done over in the gift shop, Queuing in traffic…

1 Like