The UK's terrorism threat level has been upgraded from "substantial" to "severe"

Ok. Typical useless HQAC.

So we will all recieve a notification telling us the threat level has increased to severe…

So what.

What good is that notification without advice or guidance.

Utterly useless piece of info.

2 Likes

Can we at least appreciate proper use of the announcements system though! Email sent to everyone, as once, within a few hours of the change happening. If only that was a norm.

But yeah, not a very useful announcement as we all likely knew anyway from the news…

7 Likes

It would be nice to have some SOPs on threat levels, without actions to take on a change in level, the information is worthless.

If severe meant civvy jackets over uniform and no headdress outside of the compound, that would be fine.

4 Likes

We have always told cadets to do this anyway, regardless of threat level! Just good practise imo

My school are very strict about this. No visible uniform on the way home

Whereas our CCF have caused drama for both RAFAC and ACF by shop lifting, wheelies on their bikes down the high street and jumping out at OAPs in the post office queue. We get the blame even though the schools name is clearly labelled on their brassards.

As if the haircuts weren’t enough of a give away.

:wink:

2 Likes

I’d really like to see some clear guidance on wearing uniform when travelling to/from events.

As far as I’m aware, the only guidance is that in the “security advice to parents” letter?

AP1358c says it should be worn, subject to local security advice.

One size doesn’t fit all, what is appropriate for moderate threat in an inner city area would be harsher than was necessary for a village squadron in the highlands at critical.

1 Like

Reading the news it sounds like it was:

a) An own goal
b) A fizzle

Very lucky day all round.

3 Likes

Cadets who walk or cycle invariably wear a jacket of some sort all year round to avoid moronic comments. Those that come by car rarely wear coats. I don’t wear anything over my uniform to or from the sqn.
I do think we get too excited about this. We have had just had 3 weekends of cadets and staff of all ilk’s in uniform collecting for the RBL in shops and town centres and attending parades, in the open, which would give those so inclined ample opportunity to do something.
I would say Army Cadets are more of a target than us or Sea Cadets, given they wear MTP whereas put a jacket over a jumper and our cadets don’t look military in the same way.

That must be the case given this statement

Home Secretary Priti Patel said the threat level had been raised from “substantial” to “severe”, meaning an attack is highly likely, because the explosion in Liverpool was the second incident in a month
BBC News

Which I can only assume implies the two are related.
If they are two separate incidents surely it’s just coincidence but to.push the two together as justification to raise the level is either a connection or simply nerves