The end of Kiwi Shoe Polish?

You can get a tin of Pate de Luxe off of Amazon for around £6, pretty much the same results aesthetically.
I also use their Amiral Gloss (Around £9/10) just to give it a little more shine; a little goes a long way.

3 Likes

I’ll tell you one thing this article achieved.

It guilted me into polishing my court shoes for once!

3 Likes

Patent leather George boots…

Polish the same way as other boots?

(I’ve been slack for years and just wiped them down…)

1 Like

Bumping the question.

Have heard that Saphir is good to use.

Its what i use.

1 Like

Hi, does anyone know anywhere cheaper than £3.99 that sell Kiwi black (standard)? If not, I’ll buy off of ebay.

My Sqn… 1.50 per tin

Personally I’ve shifted fully to Saphir

1 Like

I don’t have one nearby to check but apparently some branches of Iceland stock it.

Yes, I got some there £2ish a tin, but that was on sale, which I doubt will last. I socked up whilst there of course!

Also annoying is the fact that parade gloss (bad) is available so cheaply online.

Parade gloss is fine if used correctly. Just don’t expect it to be the body of the layers

As in don’t use it for the main body? Or just use it for final bulling, not layering,

Final layers, very small amounts. Which is why I’m such a poor customer, a lifetime supply is like two tins!

1 Like

Good for a oh poo i havent polished my shoes moment

1 Like

You all polish your shoes?

2 Likes

Well, unless the ingredients have changed, I used Parade Gloss for all aspects of preparing / “highly polishing” shoes. Never an issue.

1 Like

Same.

But must admit, have now moved on to Saphir.

3 Likes

7doudi

Couldn’t help it…

12 Likes

Perfect.

Did anyone come up with an alternative to Kiwi? I use Saphir myself for my ‘best’ but still using Kiwi for my ‘working’ pair. And a bit reluctant to recommend Saphir to the cadets given the cost.

1 Like