The Apprentice

So I was sat in front of the TV last Thursday for the first time in about 3 months, on was the Young Apprentice and it gave me an idea. Why not do this within the squadron flight system??

So my idea so far is that no one actually gets fired, the Board is made up of SNCOs, potentially with the OC as Lord/Sir Alan Sugar and the winning flight earning flight points. In the long run, this idea could be used as a filter for promotions…real environment test.

What I need now is the task. Not sure if to use one of the real tasks, that results in a project and sales pitch (presentation skills), what I want is your ideas

Get them to design and then make/order things in to then sell them on, just like the real thing. Might get you more money too!

Okay so maybe some technicalities may get you snookered (I have no idea) but it’s an idea since, for now, no one has replied :slight_smile:

I don’t think I’ve got any cadets that are as conceited and so far up their own backsides as contestants on The Apprentice.

[quote]I don’t think I’ve got any cadets that are as conceited and so far up their own backsides as contestants on The Apprentice.
[/quote]

Abz likes

I have!

I used to ><

We have done it twice on our Sqn - first time worked really well, second time not as successful as most of the Cadets had no idea what the programme was !

First one they were given a plain foil packed Rat Pack meal and they had to design packaging, marketing, produce a video - went really well.

Second one they had to design a product that would be useful to the Cadets on activities - did not work so well !!

Will find the documents we used and happy to share with anyone who wants a nosey.

AJ

I’d be very interested in that alj, sounds like an excellent idea!

[quote=“alj23” post=1847]We have done it twice on our Sqn - first time worked really well, second time not as successful as most of the Cadets had no idea what the programme was !

First one they were given a plain foil packed Rat Pack meal and they had to design packaging, marketing, produce a video - went really well.

Second one they had to design a product that would be useful to the Cadets on activities - did not work so well !!

Will find the documents we used and happy to share with anyone who wants a nosey.

AJ[/quote]

Any paperwork for that would be great. I’m glad that the first attempt went well, shame about the second.

Another idea would be that they have to come up with a promotion for the Air Cadets, and complete a pitch to the Board at the end.