Template for squadron crest

Hi,

I was wondering whether anybody had a template for creating a squadron crest?

I’m sure somebody posted one on the old forum, but I can’t find it. I also checked Air Cadet Resource but it doesn’t seem like any templates are available.

Thanks.

My master template should be available at this link
This zip file contains the template (in Adobe Illustrator format), along with a PDF explaining the template.

Is this any use?

[attachment=65]new_atc__badge.jpg[/attachment]

the upload quality isn’t great, I can put the full version in the library if reg’d

cheers

Many thanks incubus and djrice.

Incubus, maybe you could upload your template to the ACC Library?

[quote=“jacques” post=7399]Incubus, maybe you could upload your template to the ACC Library?[/quote]There’s a library? I only ever look at the forums.

Edit: I don’t seem to have authorisation, but happy for someone who does to upload it :slight_smile:

I have a selection, with indents, without indents, all very high res, so they blow up well. I also managed to make one with a shiny gold effect, like the Corps one. PM me your email if you want them!

2 Likes

Thanks Baldrick, I’ve PM’d you.

Does anybody know if the correct name for this sort of thing is a crest or a badge? What’s the difference?

[quote=“jacques” post=7414]Does anybody know if the correct name for this sort of thing is a crest or a badge? What’s the difference?[/quote]The crest is the bit perched on top of the help in a coat of arms. Properly speaking we are talking about badges.

*Helm…but I know you knew that :wink:

[quote=“incubus” post=7400][quote=“jacques” post=7399]Incubus, maybe you could upload your template to the ACC Library?[/quote]There’s a library? I only ever look at the forums.

Edit: I don’t seem to have authorisation, but happy for someone who does to upload it :)[/quote]

Thanks incubus, I’ve uploaded it.

I’ve included the Albertus Medium and Albertus Bold fonts which are virtually identical to the font on the ATC badge:

Reviving this thread to ask if I could PM you for those templates too?

We need to get our crest re-done as it doesn’t have the indents and all existing copies are very low res and pretty useless!

where can i find the upload please?

The ACC Drive

My Squadron’s old badge was complained about when we put it on our website. Good reason to get a new one. HQAC have a project officer allocated to this an there are some strict criteria to conform with. After 6 months and £500 later we have a new badge all approved and recognized with the royal college of arms. Worth every penny when you see some other badges. I’ve just looked at the template and it’s as per HQAC instructions, only omission is that the moto must be in English.

1 Like

The motto has to be in English? Seems a bit stupid. What with language being a key part of identity…

Motto does bot have to be in english.
College of arms did ours and they put it in latin.
All authorised all legit all allowed.

Our was in english anyway, but RCoA and Northolt both said foreign languages including latin was a no no. Hey ho lets move the goalposts and take our hats off. Still worth the money.

Strange, I’m going through the process at the moment and was told could be Latin or English or any other language.

Ours was signed of by RCoA’s over a decade ago. In French.

I’ts good to hear Squadron’s are going through the correct system for badges. There are some pretty iffy ones out there. Somewhere there should be a website with them all displayed.