Tactical/cargo trouser

Not really uniform related per-se…

For some jobs I complete in the real world I need quite a robust outdoor trouser. Something along the lines of our MTP but preferably in black and with some zippers on pockets.

I’ve been let down by poor quality from some outdoor wear shops, and there are so many online “tactical” shops that are cheap rubbish from very far away, or are outright scams.

Anyone know of a reliable, reputable, good, online shop for this kind of thing?

The MTP stuff is quite thin and not that robust. It is great for running around in, but if you want heavy duty for outdoor work I wouldn’t recommend it in black.

I really rate 5.11 Tactical trousers. I have many pairs and they do styles to make pretty much anyone happy.

2 Likes

Another vote for 5.11 - they do have a rather bewildering range of styles though.

Helikon has become rather expensive but their UTP trousers are good: https://www.helikon-tex.com/en_eur/sp-utl-pr-utp-urban-tactical-pants-polycotton-ripstop.html?r=1

2 Likes

I also wear 5.11s and that include when bramble bashing on SAR. The most comfortable cargo trousers I can find that don’t shred themselves in seconds.

1 Like

Which of their many styles do you rate best?

For casual wearing/dog walking etc I wear the Apex.

For harder wearing their BDU style trousers. They are the same as issued to police firearms units for a lot of forces. They are designed to hold a duty belt though so sit high on the waist not hips.

1 Like

I’ve got a pair of Alpha Tactical trousers, in a plain rip-stop material. They’re lightweight but robust and have lasted well for walking, gardening and outdoors work.

1 Like

Pentagon
RevolutionRace

Alternatively, tried Screwfix?