Support from our blue family

Hi folks,

We’ve applied for a grant to support the cost of an overseas expedition, we’re at the point now where we need votes to get us to the next round, all we need is for people to like this photo on Facebook.

All help appreciated. The money will be going to reducing the cadet cost. Hopefully you can take 30 seconds out of your day to give us a hand!

3 Likes

Looks like there a couple of air cadet units bidding in for that funding pot - fingers crossed to you all. We just got £6500 from awards for all, but getting funding is so hard these days!

1 Like

Indeedly - I’ve found Awards For All is especially hard lately - so you’ve done very well there!

Can I ask a genuine non trolling question? Why are you running an expedition to do geography fieldwork?

My thoughts exactly!
Seems a real cross purposed trip… why not just for the adventure and for the AT?

How many will benefit from the Geography part? How does this element fit into the RAFACs purpose and mission.

Some genuine advise. If you say XYZ to get a grant and instead only deliver V, expect to be asked for the money back. So be careful.

Yup sure,

The expedition is not simply a Geography field trip.

The fieldwork is one element, the Laugavegur Trail is another, Ice Climbing is a third.

Why? Some cadets suggested it, seemed like a good idea, so we are doing a couple of days of fieldwork, which is supported by the local university prior to departure, the cadets will plan and design the fieldwork, as an opportunity to visit more of Iceland, but with a purpose. Also involves all the planning elements - logistics, MT, etc, which is being left to the cadets. Of the 20 cadets a large chunk will use it for GCSE or A Level coursework. For the rest it’s a fun couple of days seeing more glaciers / volcanoes, whilst conducting a mini ‘operation’.

1 Like

And locked pending moderation.

1 Like

Right. Unlocked once I’d removed all the off topic and unnecessary. Please keep things civil and on topic.