Stunt Pilots to Trade Planes in Mid-Air for History-Making Live Special

Hulu and Red Bull are partnering on ‘Plane Swap,’ an extreme stunt that’s precisely what it sounds like.

BY James Hibberd

MARCH 16, 2022 6:00AM

It sounds like something out a Fast and Furious or Mission Impossible movie, except attempted for real.
Two solo-flying stunt pilots are going to put their respective aircrafts into a steep free fall, leap out into empty space, and then skydive back into each other’s respective planes. The project is called, appropriately enough, Plane Swap.

The event is a partnership between Red Bull and Hulu and will be streamed live.
Plane Swap is the natural progression and culmination of my life’s work as a professional, both in the air as a pilot and skydiver and on the ground as an innovator,” said “Red Bull Air Force” member Luke Aikins, who is performing the stunt along with pilot Andy Farrington. “It’s the pinnacle of my career and my goal is to inspire the world and show that anything is possible. You can set your mind on something that at times seems wild, crazy and unattainable, but through ambition and creativity, you can make it happen.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/plane-swap-hulu-live-special-1235111232/

1 Like

This is madness.

1 Like

Which is probably why it sounds so cool

It’s a natural progression from this though

Who’s going to sign off on that ? not sure ACTO35 covers it.

1 Like

interesting to see the struggle in aligning to the door and then getting adequate grip…the new stunt requires more than just holding on but getting in too!

1 Like