Staff Training in 2022

I say this again…

2022/23 should have been all about staff recruitment and training to deliver a min of blue everything on Sqn and mass train the trainer across the whole syllabus. Then worry about the Cadets they’ll come back to a better Cadet Experience.

Then again its not my train set and i just think the Org as a whole has missed the perfect opportunity to push the reset button on everything.

7 Likes

I feel like the whole organisation is marking time while we wait for Units and Learn to be released, and that we have shot ourselves in the foot by only recently standing up the Training Resource Team headed by @anon59391077, and should have spend the second part of pandemic/2022 revamping the whole offering.

3 Likes

Two very good points. But sadly missing the boat and missing the point are more a mantra than venture adventure these days.

I saw the big boss on social media was at one point reading “A fish rots from the head” but has also clearly missed the point of that completely.

It’s rotting away, Tony. Do something!

1 Like

Preach! In my wing, several CFAV did the 1st weekend of an FCI course in Oct (?) 2021… the 2nd weekend still has n’t been run a whole year later!

na it’s definitely “Softly Safely, with paperwork”

Or has it rotted away already. RAFAC USP is flying and for 12 years the RAFAC has had ‘blunties’ in command, no feeling about flying.

The delay to these elements has certainly not helped!

Cough… resign… cough…

2 Likes

Just to bring this back.

Given HQAC seem unwilling/reluctant/blind towards upskill/training/retaining staff and delivering courses specific to working with young people I thought I’d flag this.

NYA are rolling out bursaries for Level 2 and Level 3 Youth Work training.

NYA Chief Executive Leigh Middleton said: It is fantastic news that NYA can again deliver this funding for youth work training which will help those already in youth work to improve their practice, as well as attract new talent to the sector. The bursary funding reflects our commitment to building the skills and capacity of the workforce to ensure that all young people who need it have access to a trusted adult to support their personal, social and emotional development.

Deets below.

https://www.nya.org.uk/youth-work-bursary-places-available

8 Likes

If we were to apply - which level would you suggest most of us look to complete first/as a minimum?

1 Like

Depends on you, how much time you have to commit and the volume of study you are willing/able to undertake and how far down the rabbit hole you want to go!!!

For reference, Level 2 is the equivalent of GCSEs, Level 3 has parity with A levels in terms of breadth and depth of study.

1 Like

And what are the extraneous costs as well excluding course fees.

I’ll let you know when they get in touch.

1 Like

Generally, in most topics, I tend to see recommendations that someone with reasonable experience jumps to L3 if they want to. Thinking is that L3 offers greater development while L2 might just be formalising experiential learning.

Pricing, time commitment, and desire (through perceived need, value, or motivation to learn) dependant ofc.

1 Like