Staff qualifications on squadron

Good afternoon all.

So thinking about your own squadrons in particular.

Whats the current level of CFAV you have and what areas of training do they have?

What can you run self contained on your squardon without relying on outside support?

TIA

Barring shooting, flying and road marching you should be able to deliver all blue badges and classification on Sqn without extra quals. Happy to be corrected though

We are pretty squared away…There’s nothing we can’t deliver in house at present.

First aid, dont you need a 16 hour cert?
Radio - i thought there was a need to be assessed to instruct this.

Theres not really that many other blue badges when push comes to shove.

Really the only ones no qual is needed are…

Music
Blue dofe

Everything else needs something.

Correct on both! The latter part you only technically need to be on the wing register to assess, anyone can teach…

Nothing needed for Leadership.

Half a brain, some enthusiasm, and at least a bit of relevant knowledge? If you want to teach it well that is. Far less of a book topic with more subjectivity than many others.

:wink:

3 Likes

Were you on the selection panel for CAS by any chance?

4 Likes

For the YFA I think it’s 16 hour or FAAW.

Delivery of activity First Aid requires a few things inc FAAW…ironically a course which the Corps doesn’t support the delivery of…

1 Like

L3 AET isn’t it?

Oh or were you referring to FAW? Both of which are indeed available if someone has the drive to make it happen. SW are accredited to deliver FAW.

AET is also available.

FAAW is delivered in my Wing, and has been very recently. You have to do some self study before the course to make up the hours or it wouldn’t fit in a weekend, but it’s been pretty popular.

It is not. Currently AET is on pause while CVQO do a rewrite. I’m a course director for it. Not sure how long before it’s back.

As for FAAW, yes it’s available if you have the right staff, or you’re willing to pay, but it’s not supported through HQAC in terms of training course directors, since we are aligned to St John’s. Happy to be corrected on that, first aid isn’t my bag.

I just did my AET externally. All done remotely in your own time. Was cheaper than faffing with the CVQO one.

Well that’s news to me. There’s certainly active courses running atm, but fair enough.

Any courses currently active through CVQO can finish, but no new ones.

For anyone interested, see attached response from Matt who co-ordinates AET for CVQO. This was in response to my enquiry about setting up an AET for my Wing, ironically to support First Aid delivery.

1 Like

That’s actually useful to know, thanks.

I have my moments….

That’s a decent number of postnominals

I was thinking the same :rofl:

1 Like

Likewise.

2 Likes