Staff Cadet SharePoint Access

I am currently doing my AVIP and am about to become a staff cadet in a couple of months. I have my AVIP briefing shortly, so I am currently finishing off my workbook. Throughout the workbook there are constant links and references to SharePoint resources, and I can’t seem to access them and am constantly faced with an Access Denied page when i try to access them with my cadet portal account. Access would be particularly useful not just for AVIP but to access all the classification resources to help me teach Leading etc. Am I meant to have access to sharepoint? If so, how do i actually go about getting access?

You would need to ask your OC for access to log in using the squadron staff generic account - cadet portal logins don’t give you full access to SharePoint.

To access SharePoint you will need to login using your squadron’s generic account. You’ll have to ask your staff for access to this. Before you can use SharePoint you’ll need to do the ‘responsible for information’ course which you can access on Ultilearn.

As far as I’m aware though, only those cadets that are already over 18 are meant to have access. I may be wrong there though, and happy to be corrected!

You should be able to get access to the training portal - Google RAFAC training hub and use your portal log in details. To get full access to sharepoint you need to have a BPSS and complete RFI training, then use the Sqn generic account. In the mean time you should be able to go through it with a member of staff on a parade night, that’s how we manage it.

Sadly this is no longer the case. Up until a couple of weeks ago, yes, cadets could log into SharePoint only via a link to the training hub using their cadet portal details. But from what I was told this was never meant to have been the case, and has subsequently been disabled.

It was still working for them on Monday evening. It’s a bit hit and miss I think - doesn’t seem to work for all.