Squadron Polo Shirts

I have Boss written on the back of my Sqn hoodie, and cadets that have won national events have had the years of success embroidered on the fronts of their’s, Makes a great keepsake.

2 Likes

I liked this. Then unliked it; just so I could like it again.

5 Likes

Are polo shirts part of authorised uniform or simply warn for sports? If the latter, does name. rank and appointment matter? If it does, remember only one’s name is constant. Even OC’s move on.

If they conform to certain style parameters they can be worn with Combat trousers as No3A dress in certain circumstances and with permission for on high.

We used them as the basis for anything that wasn’t a uniformed event, so trips to museums & sports events etc. Cadets used to all wear their Hoodys at Camps in the Evening, especially things like DofE and you regularly see Cadets and Ex-Cadets wandering round town wearing them.

I’ve always used them as sports kit, or a suitable colour to be worn under their combats.

So my sqn had black t-shirts, and black polo’s for staff.

I’ve got bright yellow and a bright orange tshirts, because the OCs from both units wanted to be different… they’re definitely not suitable for use with combats :joy:

1 Like

Was the irony lost on them?

I’ve never worried about wearing them under greens so have always gone for bright colours, it’s useful to have a Squadron brand which you just don’t get by being the same as everyone else, especially at Wing Sports.

But was it as bright as this :sweat_smile: (I think it’s even brighter than this pic shows)

(this may totally reveal part of my history to some people, I think this colour is probably unique in the Corps…)

I’ve got one that is B&Q Orange plus ones that are Canary Yellow and Ribena Purples and I’m looking at that sort of Green for my Wing Team at the moment.

2 Likes