Squadron hoodie

This is a bit of a stupid question but I’m getting a Sqn hoodie soon, can you wear them out and about?

It’s just a hoodie and you’ve paid for it - wear it when you like.

There may be some situations where you may be advised against any overt association with a military-esque organisation (Northern Ireland, sketchier areas of england and so on) but in general there should be no issue.

Frankly there are so many people who wear clothing with or without militaryesque embroidery / printing / badges on I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid or give it a second look.
I wear sqn crested polos out and about all the time and have done since we first got them 16 years ago.

I wear mine all the time and it’s bright red with my name on the back in big white letters!

I’m going to differ slightly from the crowd.

It’s known that Lee Rigby was targeted purely because he ‘looked army’, was wearing a Help4Heroes hoodie, carrying an MTP daysack, and walking outside a barracks.

It’s sensible to pay attention to the risks and remove those risks where you can.

By all means wear it, just be conscious of what that could mean to others.

1 Like

Yes of course

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.