Squadron Commanders Course

Was just wondering, CVQO lists the SCC as qualifying you for a level 5 qualification on completion.

Has anyone ever done this? And or what else is involved in the process??

Cheers

I think quite a few people talk about it, not sure how many complete the coursework after to get the qual though.

Is it tough?

This might help!

I’m doing the level 7…

The contents not particularly tough so I’m guessing the 5 won’t be either. Finding time and motivation to do it’s the tough part!

1 Like

Brilliant info.

The million dollar question though, will a virtual course count towards it!?

Absolutely no clue, and I’m guessing it hasn’t been considered as part of the move to online delivery.

I don’t see why not. Assuming the methodology is the same throughout the levels, the theory delivered is just that and you complete the assignments showing understanding of the theory and applying it to your own experience.

Pretty sure you can do ILMs through online providers, so…

You do the SCC, get the content, pay your money, fill out the coursework…

Very much doubt it, as the course will have been graded across by CVQO to what was observed when they attended.

I suspect if an individual completed the virtual course, then all the F2F parts. There might eventually be an option, but exam bodies are typically really stringent in insisting that you can only be awarded if you complete as per the moderated content.

I think the CVQO does a great job and it’s a brilliant asset for the cadet forces. What I would say is where they fall down is when our courses change or we offer new courses they are quite slow to pick that up.

But again that’s an awarding body thing.

Edit.
Best thing to do… phoneeup CVQO and ask. They are really friendly and will be able to tell you in a jiffy!
Could you let us know on here after. Ta.

ATF confirmed the virtual OIC doesn’t lead to the award of the Level 4 because they don’t cover all aspects and some of the subjects have been truncated. I imagine it is the same for SCC

1 Like

Thats odd. . . I did my Virtual OIC last week and they didn’t mention this. Infact they did the opposite and advertised that you can go for the L4.

Maybe changed it then but Lisa emailed me when I asked her and said No

1 Like