Squadron banner upkeep

Our squadron banner is fairly creased for numerous casings and uncasings and temporary storage / transport.

Every care is taken when an experienced banner bearer and banner WO case and uncase however over recent years those trained have left and we start from the beginning again which inevitably means it is not cased 100% correctly.

Usually the banner is stores with the silk hanging naturally down with the top half of the pike mounted from the ceiling parallel to the ground.

My question is, what can be done to remove the creases from the banner?

No reason it can’t be pressed with an iron as long as you use a cloth and are gentle.

You can iron it, but as soon as you case it, it will crease. I’ve never been on a parade in all my years and heard anyone comment about the creased nature of a standard. I’ve paraded with some really anal types in that time.

I would suggest caution with the iron if the standard is one of the ‘printed’ modern ones and not an old proper one that has been embroidered.

Iron it. But use a damp tea towel betwixt the iron and banner.

Thank’s for the help, I wasn’t to sure if it is something that could be ironed or not!